Lx - Htp

Yes thanks from me too!! :) Although it's not quite what I was looking for!:tiptoe:

What I'm looking for is something like this below:

(I've started to make my own chart here.. or am trying to):embarasse

Eeeks its harding making a table on a forum post!!!

HTP----- CD ----Container ----Votive ----Pillar ----Taper

41--------4 --------1-2"-------1-1.5"---- 1-2"----- ½-¾"

52 -------5 --------1-2"-------1-1.75"--- 1-2" -----½-¾"

62------- 6 --------2-3" ------ 1-1.75"--- 2-3" -----¾-7/8"

73 -------7 and so on , etc....

but with all the wick kinds.... I've only found size suggestions for these two so far, but I'm only just beginning my search..

Oh.. and this is supposedly for soy wax!

I just checked the stats of one of the wicks (LX 26) and it says it has a flame height of 2.2 inches. Wow... I thought the perfect candle had to have under 1.5 height.
The 2.2 inches was under the standard test conditions. The test data are just to compare one wick with another, not to indicate what they will do when you use them. All the wicks are tested with the same wax.

Yes thanks from me too!! :) Although it's not quite what I was looking for!:tiptoe:

What I'm looking for is something like this below:

(I've started to make my own chart here.. or am trying to):embarasse

Eeeks its harding making a table on a forum post!!!

HTP----- CD ----Container ----Votive ----Pillar ----Taper

41--------4 --------1-2"-------1-1.5"---- 1-2"----- ½-¾"

52 -------5 --------1-2"-------1-1.75"--- 1-2" -----½-¾"

62------- 6 --------2-3" ------ 1-1.75"--- 2-3" -----¾-7/8"

73 -------7 and so on , etc....

but with all the wick kinds.... I've only found size suggestions for these two so far, but I'm only just beginning my search..

Oh.. and this is supposedly for soy wax!

Dublon,

I know exactly what you are talking about and I have searched high and low for something like that but no luck. Maybe everyone can keep their eyes open.

Dublon,

I know exactly what you are talking about and I have searched high and low for something like that but no luck. Maybe everyone can keep their eyes open.

Hi!

I'm comparing different companies' wicks with their recommendations for each type of wick, and I'm working on a chart which I'll post for discussion once I'm finished. okay dokey?? :)

It could take a week or so for me finish it though.

Hi!

I'm comparing different companies' wicks with their recommendations for each type of wick, and I'm working on a chart which I'll post for discussion once I'm finished. okay dokey?? :)

It could take a week or so for me finish it though.

Your chart would be so handy :yay:

In the meantime I have found this link in my favorites http://www.rusticescentuals.com/wickchart.html#top

Brenda

Hi. Went to the rusticesentuals chart and on other sites, also, I've seen square braid. It this the same as any that normally come tabbed and waxed under a name like LX, Eco etc? I probably should do some research, but it is easier to ask and have experienced candlers make it easier for me to understand. TIA. Beth

Hi. Went to the rusticesentuals chart and on other sites, also, I've seen square braid. It this the same as any that normally come tabbed and waxed under a name like LX, Eco etc? I probably should do some research, but it is easier to ask and have experienced candlers make it easier for me to understand. TIA. Beth
Square braid is different from all of the others.

For decades there have been three kinds of candle wick -- flat braided, square braided, and cored.

Flat braided comes in a plain variety that is normally sold in spools. Fancier types of flat braids are commonly available as wick assemblies, including HTP, CD, LX, and ECO.

Square braid only comes in the plain variety and is normally only sold spooled.

Cored wick has a rigid center with a woven sleeve around it. Originally the core was made of metal (lead, which isn't used anymore, and zinc). Now there are also paper and cotton cored wicks. The cored wicks are the ones where the sizes are described by numbers with dashes, followed by a letter. For instance, 36-24-24 Z. The letter is the type of core -- Z for zinc, P for paper, C for cotton. RRD is also a fancy cotton cored wick with a chemical treatment for acidic natural waxes and a special construction to make it curl.

Your chart would be so handy :yay:

In the meantime I have found this link in my favorites http://www.rusticescentuals.com/wickchart.html#top

Brenda

Thanks for the chart:highfive: ....its very good, and basically what I wanted to do!

I'll still try to get everything down side by side....It might be easier to compare. Plus I want to check different companies too. They don't all say the same thing one particular wick...

Plus the fact sometimes the sizes are given for parrafin, and other times the sizes are given for Soy. So I need to try and sort that out!!:shocked2:

There was someone on one of the other boards, I think SouthernScentsation, that made a chart with just about all the wick types and offered to send a copy to whoever wanted one. She sent one to me. It is VERY helpful! I will see if I can find her again. :)