Hi need help with hot throw in candles please

Sme

I have been practicing making candles for months now, and have perfected everything else except for the hot throw when I light the candles. I get a fume smell or burning wick smell that fills the room up when I light the candles, but they smell amazing when they are cold. I have even changed my wax and don’t know what to do anymore. I use amber candle jars from candle shack, the 160ml 2.5 diameter I think. 
I changed from gw 464 to parasoy igi 600 from supplies for candles, I changed from using eco wicks to cd stabilio wicks and still same result. I use fragrance oil from cosy owl. Iv tried different percentage of fragrance oil but still the same result I let them fully cure for 2 weeks aswell. I’m really stuck and at the point of giving up, i would appreciate any help please 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sme said:

I have been practicing making candles for months now, and have perfected everything else except for the hot throw when I light the candles. I get a fume smell or burning wick smell that fills the room up when I light the candles, but they smell amazing when they are cold. I have even changed my wax and don’t know what to do anymore. I use amber candle jars from candle shack, the 160ml 2.5 diameter I think. 
I changed from gw 464 to parasoy igi 600 from supplies for candles, I changed from using eco wicks to cd stabilio wicks and still same result. I use fragrance oil from cosy owl. Iv tried different percentage of fragrance oil but still the same result I let them fully cure for 2 weeks aswell. I’m really stuck and at the point of giving up, i would appreciate any help please 

I am not familiar with that fragrance supplier. their fragrance may contain components that throw a fuel smell. 

some fragrances, like many citrus, can throw fuel.  Sometimes, a little vanilla or patchouli can eliminate the fuel.  

In my experience, a burning wick smell is often a sign of being overwicked.  If you search 6006 on this forum, people have good luck with small sizes in eco, cd and even zinc. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NightLight said:

Yes agree with above sounds like over wicked. It’s easy to do that with parasoy. Use smaller wick, and try fragrances from another supplier. Make sure fragrance is specifically for candles.

Hi there thank you for your help, I have tried eco 8 and it still smells like fumes and no scent, and also tired cd stabilio 8 and 7 and still have the same result, is there any fragrance oil company you would recommend?