Plastic or Tin Containers...

I'm torn.  Since I've started playing around with making Solid Perfume, I've always used these cheap plastic containers from Dollar Tree.  I've always liked them because I could use either round or square so you could tell which scent you were getting.  But, now I see these round cool tin ones that would look nice too.  Which do you prefer to use?  I've seen both used equally, so I'm not sure...

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, SuzyK said:

I offer both!  I offer a 2 oz twist up container and in a tin. I sell both equally well.  The tin is great for fitting in a purse or travel bag.

I was wondering if you use different shapes or containers so people can tell which scent they're getting?  Or, do you package everything the same?  Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

I was wondering if you use different shapes or containers so people can tell which scent they're getting?  Or, do you package everything the same?  Thanks! 

The label shows which scent they're getting.  I'll see if I can remember how to attach some photos. lol.   Yikes, They're huge photos, sorry!!

Fresh Pear (4).JPG

Fresh Pear (77).JPG

Edited by SuzyK
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, Cross-stitch said:

Cool!!!  That helps a lot!!!  Thanks!!  I love how simple your labels are and how you can determine each item.  Don't worry, sometimes bigger can be better!  😄

Thank you!  I did a total rebranding of my business about a year and a half ago.  It's good to have good feedback on it :)

• Like 1

I hope it's alright.  The other day I looked up your website because I wanted to see your other creations.  Looks like you've got all kinds of really neat stuff on there!!!! 😊

One of the things I like most was when you name your scents, you keep it really simple!  Some of the solid perfumes I've been playing around with making have too many scents to list them.  So, I've been trying to figure out names for them instead...

8 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

I hope it's alright.  The other day I looked up your website because I wanted to see your other creations.  Looks like you've got all kinds of really neat stuff on there!!!! 😊

One of the things I like most was when you name your scents, you keep it really simple!  Some of the solid perfumes I've been playing around with making have too many scents to list them.  So, I've been trying to figure out names for them instead...

Of course it's alright :)  Thanks for the compliments. Most of my fragrances are just the names the supplier gives them.  There's a few that I've changed.

• 7 months later...

Update.   I've really enjoyed using the metal containers for my solid perfumes!!!  And, everyone who gets them from me has as well!!!  Also, there have been a few of the dollar tree plastic containers that I have used that have cracked.  So, I now only use the plastic ones for myself until I use up those...

I think you'll do well with the customers that don't want to buy in plastic.  Some customers don't care so you'd prob sell both.  I've recently thought about starting to make these again so this thread has helped since it's been 15+ years since I sold them.

• Like 1