Coconut 83 cure time ?

WaxingPoetic

I’m just curious how long you guys prefer to cure your coconut 83 candles for ? I’m very new to this wax, & I haven’t even gotten a chance to pour any yet. I’ve read anywhere from 3 days to a week, as opposed to 2 to 3 weeks for the coco apricot wax. 

Edited by WaxingPoetic

• WaxingPoetic changed the title to Coconut 83 cure time ?
3 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Tough question given how much coco83 varies in composition from lot to lot. Generally 3-4 days min before lighting.

Thank you so much for replying ! Okay, I’ll likely give it at the very least 5 to 7 days, then. I super appreciate the reply !

• Like 1

Just now, WaxingPoetic said:

Thank you so much for replying ! Okay, I’ll likely give it at the very least 5 to 7 days, then. I super appreciate the reply !

No matter how crappy a coco83 batch is, I find it better to work with than the best of other waxes. It’s like they lace it with phthalates, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

No matter how crappy a coco83 batch is, I find it better to work with than the best of other waxes. It’s like they lace it with phthalates, lol.  

Lol that’s good to know ! I’ve been testing my coco apricot & loving it so far, & I tend to read more raves about coconut 83, so I’m very excited to work with it ! I may wait to pour until next week though, since we have a stretch of 90 degree days coming up here soon 

• Like 1

Eh,  just pour it. It’s pretty forgiving. It tends to be whatever it’s going to be very quickly regardless of temperatures.

I don’t ever use it alone. I either mix with beeswax or palm or soy. Each box is different in what it needs. No matter what the additive I hate to 200 add fragrance and pour.

my

latest coco83 gets cavities/sinkholes even alone with no adds, so it’s far from perfect. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Eh,  just pour it. It’s pretty forgiving. It tends to be whatever it’s going to be very quickly regardless of temperatures.

I don’t ever use it alone. I either mix with beeswax or palm or soy. Each box is different in what it needs. No matter what the additive I hate to 200 add fragrance and pour.

my

latest coco83 gets cavities/sinkholes even alone with no adds, so it’s far from perfect. 

Ah, that is definitely helpful to know ! Maybe I’ll grab some soy to add in there soon, thank you ! Does the coconut 83 still throw well, I hope ? That’s the main reason I got it. My IGI 6006 is not throwing anywhere near as good as my parasoys usually do, so I’m on the hunt for a great thrower.

I’ve been testing my coco apricot wax a few days sooner than recommended ( I’m terribly impatient 😩 ) & I’m so pleased with the throw ! And most of these are in small jars ( 9 Oz straight sided jars ) & it’s still crazy impressive 

• Like 1

When you find a great wick for coconut83 in your fo and jar yes it can throw very well.

Not as clean as apricot. But not as expensive as apricot yet.

If I had to pick between the two I would stick with apricot. But the availability and pricing make it less attractive for me. And I have several hundred pounds of old Coco83, C3 and palm wax to use up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

When you find a great wick for coconut83 in your fo and jar yes it can throw very well.

Not as clean as apricot. But not as expensive as apricot yet.

If I had to pick between the two I would stick with apricot. But the availability and pricing make it less attractive for me. And I have several hundred pounds of old Coco83, C3 and palm wax to use up.

Awesome, this is all great info, thank you so much !! Yes, I usually see coco apricot wax for around $145 per 44 lbs. I’m hoping to catch it when Maryland Wax Club gets it back in stock, because it’s $120 through them, plus for me, the shipping is a good bit cheaper ( I did a mock order ) like by half ! So that’s a place you might want to check time from time for the coco apricot ! I’m definitely loving it. Those beautiful, smooth tops & that throw, I’m in love 🥰😂

• Like 1

I appreciate all of this! I am looking to try this wax as well. I’m in Ohio and my shipping from Maryland Wax Club is better too so appreciate that tip! I will keep an eye out and look forward to trying the coco apricot 😎

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brotato said:

I appreciate all of this! I am looking to try this wax as well. I’m in Ohio and my shipping from Maryland Wax Club is better too so appreciate that tip! I will keep an eye out and look forward to trying the coco apricot 😎

Well, hi neighbor ! PA here ! Yeah, usually the coco apricot that I’ve seen ships from California & that’s a long trek to us, lol. Hope you can get your hands on the coco apricot soon, I think you’ll love it !

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Well, hi neighbor ! PA here ! Yeah, usually the coco apricot that I’ve seen ships from California & that’s a long trek to us, lol. Hope you can get your hands on the coco apricot soon, I think you’ll love it !

Thank you! Yes, hello there! 😁 I’m in search of the best wax for the planet as well and I think that is the best there is at the moment. Shorter ship distance is best as well. I’m pretty excited about it myself! Glad you are having such success! Reading this post has been very inspiring and leaving me hopeful! 

• Like 1