What's going on with Bittercreek?

I noticed that too!  Not sure what to think of it.  The stock of paraffin is dwindling.  About 6 months ago they were saying they were going to stop carrying palm wax so I started testing a palm wax from another supplier and then all of sudden they had tons of palm wax.  :confused:

6 hours ago, Lizzy said:

I was just over on their website to reorder some FO's and noticed that there's a lot of décor stuff and it looks like they are doing away with paraffin waxes? *shudder*

They quit igi waxes last year so they have what they have until it's gone. They are keeping palm wax and their EZ Soy and EZ Parasoy. I bought igi from them and now have to ship it. Bitter Creek is pick up for me, so needless to say my prices took a steep hike.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

They quit igi waxes last year so they have what they have until it's gone. They are keeping palm wax and their EZ Soy and EZ Parasoy. I bought igi from them and now have to ship it. Bitter Creek is pick up for me, so needless to say my prices took a steep hike.

Do you know who's blend the parasoy is? is it the CJ one Flaming Candle and others use?

22 hours ago, ErronB said:

Do you know who's blend the parasoy is? is it the CJ one Flaming Candle and others use?

I think it's their own. I believe the EZ Soy is their own too. I haven't seen anyone say it's a known wax under a different name.

I was sold on Midwest Soy, but with the price hikes I tried the EZ Parasoy and really like it.

• Like 1

I'm not crazy about the EZ Soy though. It's good for clamshells, but I had FEW oils that worked for candles. The Midwest Soy worked well with almost every FO I tried, but I had to leave them white.

The EZ ParaSoy colors nicely and every FO I've tried has been great! I've only just started though.

7 hours ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

I think it's their own. I believe the EZ Soy is their own too. I haven't seen anyone say it's a known wax under a different name.

There was/is a general consensus that EZ Soy is the same as GB/AAK 415 

I started my candlemaking journey with it and it's very finicky with fragrances. Glad Soy came a long way since. LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lizzy said:

There was/is a general consensus that EZ Soy is the same as GB/AAK 415 

I started my candlemaking journey with it and it's very finicky with fragrances. Glad Soy came a long way since. LOL

I'm not familiar with that Soy. I've seen people talk about it, but I haven't ordered it. Well, maybe I have as EZ Soy.

I really like the EZ Parasoy. I wonder if that is sold under a different name?

Edited by Soy-N-Suds

6 hours ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

I'm not familiar with that Soy. I've seen people talk about it, but I haven't ordered it. Well, maybe I have as EZ Soy.

I really like the EZ Parasoy. I wonder if that is sold under a different name?

I wouldn't be surprised. I have never tried it. Shipping from BC to me is insane. I just paid 25$ for shipping for 3 bottles of FO. :(

Edited by Lizzy
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Lizzy said:

I wouldn't be surprised. I have never tried it. Shipping from BC to me is insane. I just paid 25$ for shipping for 3 bottles of FO. :(

$25 for 3lb bottles from BC? Where do you live? 

I'm only 3 hours from them. When I need wax, I pick up. I'm 3 hours from Soy Organics, so I pick up there too. If I have to order oils or dye and don't need wax then I ship.

Unfortunately, BC discontinuing IGI wax forces me to ship that in. 

1 hour ago, Soy-N-Suds said:

$25 for 3lb bottles from BC? Where do you live? 

I'm in CT. Yup, it's was 25.69 estimated then it went down to 21.69 when it shipped from WI to CT via UPS Ground. I checked on the UPS website and it showed me 11.95 from WI to CT via UPS Ground. Not sure what to make of that. Even from PA and OH it costs me an ridiculously insane amount in shipping. Especially CW in PA. One bottle of FO shows me 20.92 shipping. 

• Confused 1