Help!! Yankee Candle trying to dupe

The Candle Nook

So many of you are so far beyond me in experience- I’m asking the experts!! My daughter bought yankee melts in England (she’s never seen this fragrance here) and it is her FAV. Yankee calls it “dreamy summer nights”. Following is description. I’ve never seen Heliotrope as a FO for me to even know where to start making her a blend...🤷‍♀️

image.thumb.jpeg.2df8f4efda64ec852bebdf6e395beb8a.jpeg

I did a google search and The Candlemaker's Store carries it.  Someone said their dupes weren't so good, but I don't know.  I have really liked a few from there but their free ones with $100 purchase and their special fragrances for $10 have mostly been underwhelming...you get what you pay for there.  :) 

https://thecandlemakersstore.com/fragrances/fragrance-categories/yankee-types/dreamy-summer-nights-type.html

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 1:22 PM, Lizzy said:

I tried the Dreamy Summer Nights from TCMS and it's quite nice. I can't say if it's the exact dupe to YC but it is nice.

Sometimes I drive from Indiana to Ohio to The Candlemaker's store to get wax and jars, but I haven't bought many of their regularly priced fragrance oils.  Are there any others from there you've tried?  They have sooooo many!

I like their Snow Cream and Bamboo Rainforest.

Edited by GailC

13 hours ago, GailC said:

Sometimes I drive from Indiana to Ohio to The Candlemaker's store to get wax and jars, but I haven't bought many of their regularly priced fragrance oils.  Are there any others from there you've tried?  They have sooooo many!

I like their Snow Cream and Bamboo Rainforest.

Yes, I have tried quite a few over the years. I had him dupe BCN's Woodland Orange Spice when they discontinued it a few years ago and while it's not exactly like the one from BCN ...it's good. I also like his Pumpkin Orange Bread, Sweet Cream, Grapevine & Oak, Pumpkin Hollow, Dreamy Summer Nights, Ocean Star, Fall Lakeside Breeze and Pink Peony. That's just off the top of my head. :)

5 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Yes, I have tried quite a few over the years. I had him dupe BCN's Woodland Orange Spice when they discontinued it a few years ago and while it's not exactly like the one from BCN ...it's good. I also like his Pumpkin Orange Bread, Sweet Cream, Grapevine & Oak, Pumpkin Hollow, Dreamy Summer Nights, Ocean Star, Fall Lakeside Breeze and Pink Peony. That's just off the top of my head. :)

I looked at my list of FO's I've gotten from there through the years, and most of them were the specials and the free ones with $100 order. So I've been judging the quality/strength by those.  I should try more of the regular priced FO's but some are so expensive.  

I'm going to have to look up some you mentioned.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 7:58 AM, The Candle Nook said:

Thanks @Scented  haven’t looked at Wellington in years and have never used Save on Scents but have considered adding them to my list. I am so frustrated with CS’s FO stupidity I am branching out. (They’ve been my #1 supplier for since I started.) Can’t depend on them for decent FO any longer. 

Personally I would go Wellington over Save on Scents. I'd also start looking for others but Wellington might provide you with something. Save on Scents carries a lot of dupes or used to try to carry everything but the everything wasn't all that great. If you are on groups on FB they might be able to point you to heliotrope or even a dupe of what you want.  

• Thanks 1