3 Wicking

A while back I decided I needed to try some 3 wick candles, but when I looked for the containers none of my suppliers had what I wanted. Fortunately my preferred supplier has just added exactly what I am looking for. Having never done this before I have two questions, the first is where should I place my wicks? The second question is how do I get my wicks in the right place? For an amateur, like myself, it is important to limit the number of test candles required to get it right. The container is a straight sided glass container 4.5 Inches wide by 3 inches deep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Lone Star has a diagram that you can print out and it shows where to place two and three wicks. Maybe that would help you. I'd like to triple wick one myself but I've just started double wicking a few. 

Thanks, I'll check it out

• Like 1

It's always ended up differently for me depending on the wax and container, sometimes evenly spaced between the wicks to the container walls has worked, sometimes I've had to place the wicks in a tighter triangle, it's a trial and error thing really.

I've never been able to get a nice clean burn the bottom part of a triple wick unless I'm using something with heavy soy, stuff like 6006 and paraffin get's too dirty for me no matter how hard I try. A typical example of what I used to use is CBL-130, I've gotten many flawless burns from that wax with multiple wicks.