Damn... just tested the latest CBL-130 batch.

This is awful. The hot throw is not as good as every batch before, and the flames are huge. A CD3 is burning like a HTP 83. And this is with 8% load AND dye lol. In a jelly jar I'm having to use a tiny LX8!!! This is ridiculous. 

It's not the wicks changing these are all old stock. I did message them about it days ago and of course no answer.

Might have to switch to 6006 as a last resort this time around, ugh, I can't afford to be throwing money down the toilet right now but I guess that's how it goes.

• Sad 2

So glad you discovered this before blindly making candles without testing. You saved yourself a huge headache of a recall. 

and am incredibly sad this is happening to you. You have my most heartfelt wishes for a speedy resolution. 

Do you happen to have any of the last lot of wax to do a side by side baseline for science? This will be incredibly helpful to impress upon people how wax is not fixed formula, and has a range of acceptable at the manufacturer that may not work well with all of our candle systems. 

57 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Do you happen to have any of the last lot of wax to do a side by side baseline for science? This will be incredibly helpful to impress upon people how wax is not fixed formula, and has a range of acceptable at the manufacturer that may not work well with all of our candle systems. 

I don't, but I might still have a candle or 2 that was made from the last batch that I can show side by side lit to see the difference with the same wick and fragrance / load. I'll have to see if I can find them, would definitely be useful for people to see. I really don't like the fact it's happening with Candlewic's wax because I like them, but I won't be giving them any more money after this because they should have tested it themselves and known it's not even close to their original spec as far as burn quality and HT goes. I've only had 2 bad lots of 6006 out of god knows how many and they were all fixable by either heating hotter or wicking up or down slightly, but I've not managed to get anywhere with this CBL yet, still testing with all wick series.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ErronB said:

Lot #10/12/2020.

Thank you,@ErronB.  Is it possible it's a different wax that was mislabeled?  Before melting, does it look and feel the same?  So many questions to ask and I don't even know where to begin.  I'm kinda freaked out right now. 
Please let us know if you get a response from CW.    

4 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Thank you,@ErronB.  Is it possible it's a different wax that was mislabeled?  Before melting, does it look and feel the same?  So many questions to ask and I don't even know where to begin.  I'm kinda freaked out right now. 
Please let us know if you get a response from CW.    

Still heard nothing from them. It's definitely the same wax because I know the color and feel of it I've used it quite a lot recently. The first couple times I melted some it had some weird oily looking droplets sitting in the bottom of the pitcher and it had a lot of weird air bubbles, it's not doing it now, but still really annoying since I spent the time to cut it all up and seal it into buckets for storing. 

I made a triple wick candle which has managed to coax out the HT better, but even HTP52's are burning with flames big enough to have 1 in a 8oz tin, it's ridiculous.

Edited by ErronB

2 hours ago, ErronB said:

Still heard nothing from them. It's definitely the same wax because I know the color and feel of it I've used it quite a lot recently. The first couple times I melted some it had some weird oily looking droplets sitting in the bottom of the pitcher and it had a lot of weird air bubbles, it's not doing it now, but still really annoying since I spent the time to cut it all up and seal it into buckets for storing. 

I made a triple wick candle which has managed to coax out the HT better, but even HTP52's are burning with flames big enough to have 1 in a 8oz tin, it's ridiculous.

Thanks for the info.  I’m concerned. Not only because the wax is different, but also by their lack of response.  I’ve had prompt response every time I have reached out to them, so radio silence on this issue scares me.  Thankfully I won’t need to order wax until next spring, but now I’m wondering if I should spend the winter testing something new.  I’d really like to stick with parasoy, but CBL130 was the best one out there IMO.  Ugh.  I really feel for you trying to make this work.  Every time I’ve had a bad batch of wax I’ve wasted half a case trying NOT to waste the other half.  So much time and money down the drain.  Much luck to you!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

22 hours ago, ErronB said:

Did you email Bill directly? I usually email him directly when I have a question or issue. I just had to again bc they sent me the wrong FO. 

2 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Did you email Bill directly? I usually email him directly when I have a question or issue. I just had to again bc they sent me the wrong FO. 

Bill did contact me finally with a bunch of questions, we'll see what happens.

I guess when you're making 40,000lb's of wax at a time there are bound to be some dodgy lots now and again lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ErronB said:

Bill did contact me finally with a bunch of questions, we'll see what happens.

I guess when you're making 40,000lb's of wax at a time there are bound to be some dodgy lots now and again lol.

I'm glad. Yes, I imagine so. I had issues with their 129 (ripples) but the next lot was fine. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:40 PM, Lizzy said:

I'm glad. Yes, I imagine so. I had issues with their 129 (ripples) but the next lot was fine. 

Did they just send you more? or make you jump through hoops and do other stuff? I emailed Bill back a week ago and he never replied.

10 hours ago, ErronB said:

Did they just send you more? or make you jump through hoops and do other stuff? I emailed Bill back a week ago and he never replied.

Yes, they did....after I contacted Bill directly he made sure I was sent the right oil. He let me keep other too.