Love for soy?

I think I'm loosing my love for soy 464. I have tried so many fo's and the lack of a great HT  is driving me crazy, and I let them cure for at least 2 weeks if not more. Are all brands of soy treated equally in the HT category? Do some throw better than others or over all basically the same?    

6 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I think I'm loosing my love for soy 464. I have tried so many fo's and the lack of a great HT  is driving me crazy, and I let them cure for at least 2 weeks if not more. Are all brands of soy treated equally in the HT category? Do some throw better than others or over all basically the same?    

My latest lot of 464 I tested was really weird. If I added the FO at 185-190 like I do with every other wax I would get zero HT, but if I added the FO at exactly 160 it ended up being stronger than my parasoy with no cure time. I couldn't get it to pour with a smooth top otherwise I would have used it for batch of soy candles.

I don't recommend the low temp method for any other waxes, it usually ends up causing nothing but problems most of the time for me, but give it a shot with the 464 and see how it goes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ErronB said:

My latest lot of 464 I tested was really weird. If I added the FO at 185-190 like I do with every other wax I would get zero HT, but if I added the FO at exactly 160 it ended up being stronger than my parasoy with no cure time. I couldn't get it to pour with a smooth top otherwise I would have used it for batch of soy candles.

I don't recommend the low temp method for any other waxes, it usually ends up causing nothing but problems most of the time for me, but give it a shot with the 464 and see how it goes.

Thank you, I will try this today. I do love soy just tired of being disappointed , uhg lol..thanks💐   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ErronB said:

Thanks much :) 

I will be trying this too. I have had good luck with 464 before the big "crash" happened. Since then 464 has been nothing but a struggle. I love paraffin, don't get me wrong but I would like to tame this fickle beast that is soy wax!! I love how soy makes bakery scents so much better. Creamier, more realistic...IMO anyway. So yeah I will try this.