Prim Garland

Connie and creativegemsmolds what caution is there on using these near other objects (doors, mantels, windows, etc) if it has wax on it. I'm assuming (again) that there's wax on the garland. Will this ruin what it touches. I first read about this on another board and the lady dipped the material she tied to the string of lights. I thought this was such a neat idea just didn't know what effect it would have on anything it came in contact w/ especially w/ the heat of the lights making the wax soft (then making a mess on whatever it touches). TIA as I'm real interested in making this for the Christmas season :)

I really have no idea. This was the first one that I have made. If I had put them on a light string I don't think the lights are strong enough to melt the wax if they happen to touch. I don't think Christmas tree lights would melt the wax either if you were to string them on a tree. One caution I would tell my customers is to store in cool, dry place when not in use.

I hope Connie comes along and tells us what she thinks but I'm not sure if she has any wax pieces in hers.

Janet

Do you caution not to hang above fireplace do to the heat?

When referring to Christmas lights (you probably thought I was crazy which I am :D ) I've had lights that get pretty warm the real small bulbs at that and I was thinking soy as it has a low melting point. Just covering all bases as there will be that one customer......

Thanks for the reply :)