6006 and CD wicks

On 4/30/2020 at 9:40 PM, bfroberts said:

Sounds like you’ve covered the bases. The only thing I can add is to make sure it’s fully cured because the burn can change as the candle ages. I’ve found that if it’s slightly overwicked initially, it usually settles into being just right after 2-3 weeks.  
Also, you can always try a different wick series if you feel like you need an in-between size. 

^This.  I've got some jelly jar candles made with ProBlend 600 that were made several months ago.  First wick test I did was a week after pour and these worked great with an ECO2..  After sitting on the shelf for three months most of them look like they're going to need a wick up.

27 minutes ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

^This.  I've got some jelly jar candles made with ProBlend 600 that were made several months ago.  First wick test I did was a week after pour and these worked great with an ECO2..  After sitting on the shelf for three months most of them look like they're going to need a wick up.

I can't even get an Eco 1 to work in PB600 without trimming it at just 8% fragrance, wish it would burn better because it pours very smooth.

1 hour ago, ErronB said:

I can't even get an Eco 1 to work in PB600 without trimming it at just 8% fragrance, wish it would burn better because it pours very smooth.

Same. They give amazing HT and the wicks are nice and stiff with a steady flame. But a little too hot and definitely no self trimming 

Edited by dustinryan2010

3 hours ago, ErronB said:

An ECO 1?  I'm using the PB600 in an 8 oz jelly jar.  I originally wicked them with an ECO2 and that's too small (for most of the scents I'm testing) after sitting on the shelf for 3 months.  My wife's asleep right now and the lights are off but I'll make a note to take some photos of the ECO2 and ECO4 tests tomorrow.

At a 3 hour burn What I'm seeing on the candles that have been sitting around in an 8 oz jelly jar at 1 oz per pound FO is:  HTP83, LX14/16, CD6, Premier 745.  I have yet to find a wick that I've considered to be truly "self trimming".  I'd say a better description is "This wick may require less trimming than a different wick.  However, I'm making no promises"

12 hours ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

An ECO 1?  I'm using the PB600 in an 8 oz jelly jar.  I originally wicked them with an ECO2 and that's too small (for most of the scents I'm testing) after sitting on the shelf for 3 months.  My wife's asleep right now and the lights are off but I'll make a note to take some photos of the ECO2 and ECO4 tests tomorrow.

At a 3 hour burn What I'm seeing on the candles that have been sitting around in an 8 oz jelly jar at 1 oz per pound FO is:  HTP83, LX14/16, CD6, Premier 745.  I have yet to find a wick that I've considered to be truly "self trimming".  I'd say a better description is "This wick may require less trimming than a different wick.  However, I'm making no promises"

I can't get a good throw with 6% in PB600, other waxes sure, but not that, has to be at least 8 for the fragrances I use. That's the problem why I can't get a wick small enough. The whole self trimming thing can be done, but there's a lot of caveats which are super annoying. All part of the fun I guess lol.