Anybody use colloidal silver in their skin care products?

Candybee

I just got an email from Rain Shadow Labs about their hand sanitizer base that contains colloidal silver. I have also seen other hand sanitizers with it in it.

So this got me to wondering if anyone uses it in their products and found it effective.

I just started to research it because I am curious but at the same time skeptical of the claims. 

I have used colloidal products in my creams (for personal use) ... silver is for killing bacteria ... it doesn't have any effect on virus.  To use silver for topical use, you can actually use ionic silver, which is silver ions vs. nano particles ... works great as a body mist or a nasal spray, also helps wounds to heal and keeps them from getting infected.  I've heard that heavy hand cream is useful to use after using a sanitizer, so I was wondering how a heavy cream recipe does when 65%+ alcohol is added, haven't tried it to see if the alcohol messes with emulsifier or anything.  The colloidal that I think works against virus is copper, but it's not an "on contact" sort of thing, although I think it works within a few hours.  It can be added to a cream recipe as a partial replacement for distilled water or other liquid.

• Like 1