A paraffin question

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

That stuff is like Vaseline.  I have not noticed a difference between 2 days and 2 weeks. I would love to stand corrected. Feels like it is mostly petrolatum which is pretty stable on its own 

Thanks TT,  4627 is a lot firmer if you leave it in the garage in the winter, hard as heck to get out of that dang bag it comes in. I guess I'll have to bring it in the house for the summer or I'll be pouring it from the bag.

• Like 1

I've literally made candles before I go to bed and burned them when I woke up with 4627, and made no difference between that long and a week. It's the only wax I can do that and the HT is banging. I deal with the messiness of it just for that reason.

My only problem with 4627 is I've never got the LX wicks to self-trim in it no matter how low the FO load, but trimming them after every burn it's always burned nice. I don't know if it's because there's a trick to the length you cut it to the before the first burn or what, I'm stumped with that one. Weird because HTP was never this hard to figure out.