How To Shrink Wrap

I have been reading about shrink wrapping on this site...looking for directions and examples. It seems there are a lot of questions and equal amounts of advice, but I found this site with directioins, complete with pictures for the visual learner like myself!

http://www.essencesupply.com/shrink/shrink.html

I hope it helps

Could you please post a link to the one you are recommending? I must be search challenged tonight.

Thanks,

Michael

Here u go hon- and the shipping is cheap!

www.harborfreight.com

Just put "impulse sealer" in the keywords box and it will take u to the page.

I tried to post the link but it keeps coming up invalid when I test it... GRRRRRRRR!!

Here u go hon- and the shipping is cheap!

www.harborfreight.com

Just put "impulse sealer" in the keywords box and it will take u to the page.

I tried to post the link but it keeps coming up invalid when I test it... GRRRRRRRR!!

Yep, go to their site, type in sealer and you come up with the 8", 12" and 15.5". I use the 8" sealer and it works great. If you will be sealing larger shrink bags though, you may want the 12"

Got it!

Now, I am assuming that I order shrink wrap somewhere, put the item in the wrap, seal it, than hit it with a heat gun? That is it?

Must be one of those things that practice makes perfect. CAN'T be that easy :rolleyes2

Yep! I get my wrap from www.packco.com They have good prices on the shrinkwrap, but their sealers were too expensive for me. I use the 3" tubing for my votives and tarts, but the 4" works great too. I think they also have free shipping for orders over $25.

You take a piece of the shrink tubing, seal one end, put in the votive, seal the other end, poke air holes and hit it with the heat gun.

MELTING!!! YIKES! I never thought of that! Of course that would be an issue with the Heat Gun! Oh Great...I just KNEW this candle stuff was going to wind up being difficult!

You won't have any problems with melting if you don't blast the votive with the heat gun, lol. Keep the gun moving and don't get it up close and personal with that votive and you'll be fine.