Interesting....My Soy Candle Experiment (Kinda..lol)

I have been messing around now for a couple months with 6006. Ran out the other day so ordered more. In the mean time thought I would pour a couple candles using the 464 I had laying around. Been playing around with ALL the different wicks (except wood). Just got a sample pack of the LX wicks from Lonestar. Thought I would throw one in my container candle to see how it does with the 464. To my surprise it is doing better than I could have hoped. So far at least. The MP is pretty good after a couple hours. The H/T seems to be pretty decent for not letting it cure very long. The C/T was really good.

I am using GB 464 soy wax in an 12 oz. Status Jar along with a LX-18 wick (think I might need to step up one size next time). Used 12% F/O of Wild Cherry also from Lonestar. I have my fingers crossed.

Also poured a few Scent Shots. They came out great. Wonderful H&C throw. Nice solid tarts. Fill the room great.

20200224_092937.jpg

20200224_095732.jpg

Edited by TallPineCandles
Adding Scent Shot info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Laura C said:

Looks like it has a good start. Your labels and products look nice.

Well, I didn't cross my fingers fast enough it seems. The wick is definitely to small. Burnt itself out after about 3 hours. Going to pull the wick out using my trusty apple corer...lol. Going to go up a couple sizes in the LX and see what happens. And thank you for the compliment on the labels. Always updating them....just need to leave them alone now...hahahaha!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1