CS Very Vanilla new version vs old version

Jeana

Can anyone tell me if the new version of Very Vanilla from CS wicks the same as the old version? I still have some old version left and I need to do some testers, but if it's different I'll just get the new stuff. 

33 minutes ago, Jeana said:

Can anyone tell me if the new version of Very Vanilla from CS wicks the same as the old version? I still have some old version left and I need to do some testers, but if it's different I'll just get the new stuff. 

When did it change?

2 minutes ago, Jeana said:

The website says 8/15/19. It's no longer skin safe either. 

As far as  know, they did not change it. I talked to them about it when that notice was posted. 

That is just a notification that it no longer passed updated standards for personal care. You can always message them to make sure.

10 minutes ago, Lighten Up said:

As far as  know, they did not change it. I talked to them about it when that notice was posted. 

That is just a notification that it no longer passed updated standards for personal care. You can always message them to make sure.

The last time I spoke to them about FOs, they said they were changing all of their FOs to make them all prop 65 compliant and Phthalate free. I was told that was why they discontinued some of them, because they weren't able to reformulate them to meet these standards. Maybe this scent hasn't gone through the changes yet, or it was already meeting their new standards so they didn't have to change it. I guess I need to ask them now.  

49 minutes ago, Jeana said:

The last time I spoke to them about FOs, they said they were changing all of their FOs to make them all prop 65 compliant and Phthalate free. I was told that was why they discontinued some of them, because they weren't able to reformulate them to meet these standards. Maybe this scent hasn't gone through the changes yet, or it was already meeting their new standards so they didn't have to change it. I guess I need to ask them now.  

I'd be interested in what you find out, I use a lot of that oil and I'm already burned on their Vanilla Hazelnut going away.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, Lighten Up said:

I'd be interested in what you find out, I use a lot of that oil and I'm already burned on their Vanilla Hazelnut going away.

So here is the response from CS. 

"The formulation of Very Vanilla did not change. However, we are actively developing another version of Very Vanilla that allows a higher usage rate for body care products, although it is not available for purchase at this time."

So, it didn't change, but it's going to. I guess the question now is whether the new one will wick different LOL. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeana said:

So here is the response from CS. 

"The formulation of Very Vanilla did not change. However, we are actively developing another version of Very Vanilla that allows a higher usage rate for body care products, although it is not available for purchase at this time."

So, it didn't change, but it's going to. I guess the question now is whether the new one will wick different LOL. 

Did they happen to give you anytime frame for that? I hope they warn us so I can stock up.

15 minutes ago, RedRoomGraduate said:

They always send out emails when they discontinue if you purchased that scent within the past year. 

Yes, they've been good about that. I was just curious if they may have given her an idea of when the change may happen.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:11 AM, Lighten Up said:

Did they happen to give you anytime frame for that? I hope they warn us so I can stock up.

I have an email out to them. I'll let you know when I hear back. It may not wick different. 

Edited by Jeana