Custom 3D printed DIY candle centering tool - free to download

@BusyBee

You posted in mrposey's thread and I didn't want to hijack that thread so I started a new thread.

I don't have the time to create and/or modify anything myself right now. I'm currently working on other projects myself or I'm too busy with my own life right now. I did re-upload my custom candle centering tool that you can download for free below.  You can then edit it in a CAD(D) program or modify the design to your liking with a CAD(D) program for what you want to use it for. After you are done modifying it to your liking you can either 3D print (buy a 3D printer) it yourself at that point or have someone else 3D print it for you. There are businesses out there that 3D print designs. I'm not sure how much it costs myself off the top of my head. You'd have to do some searching around for that.

https://grabcad.com/library/custom-diy-candle-centering-tool-1

Edited by CandleMaker3D
  • Thanks 1

Some of UPS Stores do 3D printing service, but I have to take them CAD program file which I don't have.  Thanks for your response!  I will look for other places who can do this.  We do have many 3D printing places here in Southern CA who specialize in making things for movie industry.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure.

You can also set wicks very fast if you know how to use the candle centering tool that I created. Set the pins in originally and you can do 10 large jars in probably a minute or so if not in less time than that. All you have to do is lift it up and put a new wick in the center then glue (stickers) it then place it again and only move it like an inch each time.

Edited by CandleMaker3D

1 hour ago, ErronB said:

Printed it out earlier, the big round middle part needs to be a touch thinner, it doesn't fit through the hole on mine.

(Printed on Prusa MK3)

You can either make it thinner by taking off an outer edge in some cad(d) program or sand it down with some sand paper. I print this at fine detail myself though since it's a tool as well.

I sanded down mine with some sand paper though to make it fit better.

Edited by CandleMaker3D
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 12:41 AM, ErronB said:

Printed it out earlier, the big round middle part needs to be a touch thinner, it doesn't fit through the hole on mine.

(Printed on Prusa MK3)

You were technically right. I uploaded the wrong file.

Mine is supposed to be a .98.

The one I uploaded is 1.00.

Going to fix this thanks.

Edited by CandleMaker3D

21 hours ago, Peggy T said:

Is there a video that shows how to use this to center the candles? What do the pins do? I don't know a thing about 3D printing but I have free access to one at a local maker space AND I could use a centering tool!! :)

I'll get a picture or two. It's pretty simple once you've seen it set up.

Edited by CandleMaker3D

On 1/10/2020 at 8:42 AM, Peggy T said:

Is there a video  that shows how to use this to center the candles? What do the pins do? I don't know a thing about 3D printing but I have free access to one at a local maker space AND I could use a centering tool!! :)

I had to finish some stuff yesterday and I even took the photos, but I forgot to upload them.

These are quick photos I took, but it should explain how to use the tool well enough.

P1020711.thumb.jpg.741d66302fbf1795e0d52a1782cc72ca.jpg

P1020713.thumb.jpg.df3bd8e1aa801234f1ecf09a792956a4.jpg

• 3 years later...