Just noticed this

Was pouring candles the other night and every time I finished a batch I would pour the little I had left into an empty candle jar. Maybe an inch or less of wax. I did this several times till I had a full candle to use for myself later. Our house gets to about 68-70 degrees at night, and it usually causes all our container candles to get wet spots to some degree. The only candle that didn't get wet spots is the one poured in multiple layers. This has been over a week of low temps at night and still no shrinkage on the layered candle. Does anyone pour their candles like this just to avoid wet spots, is this a known thing?

Wax expands quite a lot when warmed. Cooler pouring means less of a phase shift in the jar. 

it’s important, though, when  making the candles to get the wax temp up to the manufacturer recommendations so all the components in the blend have time (and energy) to completely melt and mix. 

• Like 1