Any idea if this is possible?

...a candle that reveals messages as it burns.

That's what I'm trying to create. Sound crazy? Let me explain it a little more.

I want to create a candle for my partner with "hidden" text in it so that as it burns the text is revealed. My basic concepts are either the text runs around the inside/outside of the glass jar or the text is on small inserts that are contained in the wax. But I am open to any way to make it work. Ideally, new text would be revealed on each 1-2 hours of burning so all up there would be multiple messages revealed over the lifetime of the candle.

Now, let me state I am a completely newbie when it comes to this stuff. I'm turning to your candle crafting expertise to either tell me a) yes this could be done by doing X; or b) This is downright madness and won't work at all! 

Anything spring to mind? Would love to hear it!

20 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Easy, peasy.  Print mirrored text on a clear label, place that on the outside of the jar, and cover it with a solid label so you can only see it from the inside.  Works like a charm.

Thanks so much! Such a simple solution that sounds like it'll do just what I need. Will give it a shot and see how it goes!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, bfroberts said:

Easy, peasy.  Print mirrored text on a clear label, place that on the outside of the jar, and cover it with a solid label so you can only see it from the inside.  Works like a charm.

Brilliant! 

On 11/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, bfroberts said:

Wow!! Wasn’t expecting an easy, peasy answer. 

On 11/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, bfroberts said:

you should be compensated and credited for this idea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1