Powdery look

I am kinda new to this whole thing. I have everything working well except for the way my candles are looking. I am making container candles and after they cool for about a day or so they are getting a powdery look at the bottom and some on the sides. For example if I pour a blue candle, the bottom looks almost white. I am using EcoSoya CB135 Original blend, Bitter Creek FO's and Bitter Creek block color dyes. Does anyone have any advice?:mad:

Sounds like frosting. That is pretty common occurance with soy. Most either don't mind it, switch waxes until they find one that does it less, or add an additive to it (such as beeswax) to make it happen less. Some of the FO's will make it do it worse than others too. Some just embrace it and accept that it is a natural part of soy candles. I don't like it personally and use beeswax in mine to help cut down on it. I don't use Ecosoya specifically, so maybe an Ecosoya user will chime in and help you out with some suggestions.

Soy doesn't have the translucent, shiny smooth appearance that paraffin does.

I agree it sounds like frosting. In my experiments I have found color blocks/dye chips to be the worst medium for coloring soy. I would recommend liquid dyes. The colors come out much brighter as well.

Good luck with soy- its a finicky wax that can be mastered in time with much experimentation and record keeping. This board has alot of skilled candlemakers as members that can help you.

I use CB135 and I haven't had much problem with frosting. I don't use dye blocks. I use liquid or chips or a combo of both. Reds and blues seem to frost more than other colors. Pryme colors are supposed to frost less but you have to weigh those. Thinking about trying them. There is also a product called Frostop. What temp are you pouring at? Been experimenting with pour temps and adding a tiny bit of pillar wax to get a smoother top but I don't know how that's going to affect frost issues yet. I have a batch right now that is frosting like yours. The ones I poured in warmer weather didn't frost at all so maybe room temp affects frosting.