Lab Co. wax update!

Depends on the FO.

some are ready a week later, some vastly improve 2 plus weeks even 1 month later. If you mix this wax with 464 which I do as well, the same cure time applies.

There are a few FOs that are stronger like lemon verbena that I can light 3 days later and have a great HT BUT, I feel the wax needs to cure and testing your wick later rather than to soon can be a benefit. If we test to soon the results may not be accurate.🌸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CandleRush said:

Depends on the FO.

some are ready a week later, some vastly improve 2 plus weeks even 1 month later. If you mix this wax with 464 which I do as well, the same cure time applies.

There are a few FOs that are stronger like lemon verbena that I can light 3 days later and have a great HT BUT, I feel the wax needs to cure and testing your wick later rather than to soon can be a benefit. If we test to soon the results may not be accurate.🌸

Thanks for sharing!

6 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Depends on the FO.

@CandleRushI found with this wax that it needed to cure not only for FO testing but for accurate wick testing. In several FOs a wick would struggle then drown out entirely on the very 1st burn,  if tested in less than a 7 + day cure. But if given a week or more, that wick would be perfect.  Did you see the same thing?

Edited by pughaus

I agree pughaus!

Ive been testing with eco wicks, tried premiers, cds and htp wicks and always come back to eco. I love not having to use a scissors and just break off the vary tip. The ecos seem short when I do this and the flame is not high in fact on the low side but it does grow larger as the candle burns to just the right height.

If I under wick they drown, also if I trim them to short they drown. 

Im using the 8 oz. square mason jars from Flamings.

As I’ve said in the past some of my older candles from 2-4 months ago have amazing HT. The same applies if I blend lab co with 464. We all know 464 definitely benefits with a longer cure.🌸