Y'see, I have this li'l ol' block of beeswax here...

And though I'd like to think that, being armed with a knife, and sources of heat, and a "mom voice" cultivated to an art form by virtue of my three grown kids -

that I could subdue it.

But truthrully, I cannot find a great way to cut, melt or otherwise remove from this block the small amounts that I need to add to my flakified soy.

There must be a trick someone could share? Anybody? Before I hurt myself?

Two words for ya:

screwdriver and hammer.

Technically, three words. I hammer the screwdriver into the b/w like a nail, and usually have to do it in 2-3 spots until it cracks. I've also found that if it's the least bit soft, it's much harder to bang it apart in my way...so I would stick it in the freezer for about 10 minutes if it's hot there like it is here.

Also, MMS sells b/w beads (pastilles), but they're more pp than the slabs.

I bought the hex shaped block from Peaks until I found MC had pastilles. Much easier to measure and handle, and witht he shipping difference from CO to IN it is about the same price. That block was very resistant to being broken up! I used a sturdy paring knife, and alot of elbow grease!

geek

If you put it in the freezer in a ziploc bag for little while and hit with a hammer it'll crumble like an ice cube. Then you can pick out the pieces you need. PS Do this on a concrete floor.

Don't break the bag. Also you can work out your frustrations.

HTH

John

I had a 1lb block and I don't know if it was a bad idea or not, but I microwaved it for a few seconds, like 15 or so and checked it. I was then able to use my soap cutter or scraper and slice it up. I cut it all up at that time and put it in a bag. The smaller pieces are easier to work with.

I just throw the whole pound in the presto and pour it into small styrofoam cups for later use. If you want to use a tiny bit at a time, pour onto a cookie sheet & cut into small cubes while it's still warm & save it for when needed.