It's time I invested in a soap mold

tonyalc

Hmmmmmmm can you use a hammer? You could make your own a lot cheaper. Figure out the size you want, go to Home Depot and get them to cut the wood for you, come home and hammer that sucker together. A mold for less than $5!

I also have a Kelsei that I've only used once (just no time right now) but I did like that. It has dividers and is a nice slab mold.

I also use a box that I've had for years.

I made my own mold with wood from Home Depot, that way you can customize it to whatever length, height, width you want your soaps to be.

Plus I find the wood really insulates it well without having to use blankets.......I just put it in the oven for 24 hours and put the oven light on....for that little bit of heat........Works great

Ok, thanks for the suggestions everyone! You know I would've already had a wooden mold if I could ONLY justify myself into paying that much for one-ow- they're NOT cheap! I have a hammer and nails, so I may just put one together myself.

I'm a weanie... my motto is usually "I can make that!" but when it came time to make a soap mold, I just couldn't make the time! I broke down & bought and upland log mold for 3lb batches... what sold me was the silicone liner, which now I know I could've bought separately! Of course I bought my mold before someone posted about the Target mold find!

Google Blue Aspen they have instuctions on how to make a soap mold, my husband made me one, it is awesome. Of course I have others now but for a started mold it is great, you have to line it or make a mylar insert for it. I still use it all the time.

Or you could go to Kmart and for 7.00 get the "Martha Mold". Three slot drawer organizer (Martha Stewart). Holds 3 small batches at once.:)

Glo

Hey Glo,

Do you by any chance have a picture of what this drawer organizer looks like? Or a link to a picture? This sounds perfect for me, and I'll head out to kmart this evening if I can figure out exactly what I'm going in there for, lol.

Hmmm...ok now I'm very intrigued. Does it hold very much?? I mean, I don't make humongous batches, so it's totally ok by me if it holds 2 lbs or so. Just trying to get an image in my head of how I would use it. For silverware drawer size, I'm thinking it's maybe around a foot or so wide, maybe a foot and a half long?? Compartments perhaps 2-3 inches wide? Or am I way off? Sorry for all the questions!