How much Stearin per lb of soy wax?

Generally I’d start at 1% and test from there. 

You may have some luck adding container palm wax versus stearic. There’s an entire specialized wick for stearic as it’s a PITA to burn. 10% palm wax improved a few of my blends. 

Depending on your soy you could end up with cracking. Testing is fun though. 

On 3/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, TallTayl said:

Generally I’d start at 1% and test from there. 

You may have some luck adding container palm wax versus stearic. There’s an entire specialized wick for stearic as it’s a PITA to burn. 10% palm wax improved a few of my blends. 

Depending on your soy you could end up with cracking. Testing is fun though. 

Have you ever blended palm with coconut wax? If so, what was your result?

I tried out 10 and 25% of palm container with it and I don't like the look it gave it. Dried weird with little dots of texture in the wax and took the silky look away. I also read that this is different than 6570 and that 6570 was coco/veg and 6046 is coco/paraffin. Don't know if it is correct since I have never used 6570 but I did read that info on 2 different forums.

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, CaptnKush said:

I tried out 10 and 25% of palm container with it and I don't like the look it gave it. Dried weird with little dots of texture in the wax and took the silky look away. I also read that this is different than 6570 and that 6570 was coco/veg and 6046 is coco/paraffin. Don't know if it is correct since I have never used 6570 but I did read that info on 2 different forums.

I tried 25% palm wax with my coconut wax and I got the same look you described and it didn't harden at all, it was actually softer than using the coconut wax alone.

3 hours ago, TheClassicModern said:

I tried 25% palm wax with my coconut wax and I got the same look you described and it didn't harden at all, it was actually softer than using the coconut wax alone.

Well sorry to hear that. I never bothered with testing it with a wick because it looked so bad.