Testing question

Testing...(again and continuously)...and would like some advice. Trying new wicks and new FO. And wondering about cure time. I normally wait a week - and pray it works...here is my senario:  let’s say my HT is weak but promising, do you stop testing that candle, cover and let it cure longer?...or do you belive I need to start over with a “fresh” candle....in the past, I have stopped testing that particular FO and moved on to others (sooooo many FO’s 😂). But I have a few I really want to work before summer and I’m trying to determine how I’m going about the testing phase. Currently, I have 3 different wicks going and 2 different FO loads but only 1 candle each...wondering if I want to make 2 candles each for curing times purposes and want y’all’s sage advice...

I have some recent experience with this. Set them aside and give them more time, you don’t have to make another candle. I have a couple of FOs that don’t show up for a month, but they are worth the wait. That said your candles burn differently with longer cure times. They may seem overwicked  at one week, but burn perfectly at one month.

10 hours ago, Forrest said:

I have some recent experience with this. Set them aside and give them more time, you don’t have to make another candle. I have a couple of FOs that don’t show up for a month, but they are worth the wait. That said your candles burn differently with longer cure times. They may seem overwicked  at one week, but burn perfectly at one month.

Thanks Forrest — I have found that to be true. Overwicked at first but perfect a month or so down the road...i’m just so darn impatient....

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I would let the candles sit and cure longer as it does make a difference with more time allowed.

Trappeur

Thanks Trap — i don’t mind covering and waiting longer — glad y’all didn’t tell me I needed to start testing with a brand new candle!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Thanks Forrest — I have found that to be true. Overwicked at first but perfect a month or so down the road...i’m just so darn impatient....

I managed to get over the inpatients by putting too much on my plate. These days if a candle lacks HT I just stick it back in the cabinet and move on. Half of my last batch of test candles won't get tested until three weeks or longer. The other thing I did was get some 4620 paraffin for the things I don't want to wait for, like testing new FOs or blends.