Wow! Vetiver

Candybee

Just got a sample of this from CS. I always assumed it smelled like hot african veldt grasses baking in the sun, dry, burnt, hayish, etc. Smells nothing like that at all. This is smooth, sexy, masculine fragrance I can't wait to try out. Though I am already thinking of using it as a mixer... anyone use vetiver and what mixes well with it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did a little research on what EOs blend with it and I found that resinous, woods, spice, and citrus scents work well with it. I was actually thinking of frankincense, orange, patchouli, and sandalwood to mix with it. Just wish I had some frankincense left but I'm out. Will have to get some more frank EO and try it out with that too.

Never thought of rain type. My initial thought was sage. Seems to me a grassy herbal type blend would mellow it out and smell awesome together. I could be wrong. But maybe with notes of ozone like an electrical storm on a prairie scent blend would be nice. So rain or ozone does make sense for that.

Since I don't have all that right now I am also thinking of the spice route and allspice is a wonderful mixer so I might try that for a spicy vetiver. Or maybe vetiver, allspice, and sage?

Edited by Candybee