Hole inside candle, top looks beautiful!

I have a really strange thing that's just started to happen with my 7oz candles. They look beautiful, but seem to have a developed gap inside (near the wick) that's causing them to self extinguish. I've been making candles for a couple of years and thought that I had everything down... Now I have all of these candles and have no idea which ones are fine and which ones might have a cavity... HELP!

6 minutes ago, moonshine said:

You can poke holes in all of them around the wick and second pour - PIA I know but I am finding I have to do this with anything soy these days or else it’s a huge gamble on getting huge flares in the flame 

So you can poke holes in a candle that's been cured for over a month? The only thing that's happening with the couple I've tested are that they put themselves out within 15 minutes of the first burn. 

TT can answer that better then me as far as couple month cured candles doing a second pour...I haven’t went back and done that on finished candles 

from here on out I would just do it to be sure as it doesn’t take that much extra time if you can’t get your pour temps just right 

sounds like you have huge cavities if they are extinguishing the wicks 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1