FB and CW Scent Reviews

Arch Rock

I use a paraffin based container blend similar to CBL 125.

Fragrance Buddy:

Cinnamon Bun - Good but not the best

Cucumber Melon - Very nice.  Not sticky sweet like some.  More cucumber than melon with dry base notes.  Filled the house with HT

Vanilla Ice Cream - My new vanilla.  This will replace Lonestar's Creamy Vanilla it's that good.

Lavender Sage - Very nice and spot-on.  Will be adding this for spring.

Apple Jack 'n Peel - Just as good as BC

Brown Sugar & Fig - Really nice.  Good CT and HT and perfectly balanced.

Pumpkin-Pecan-Waffle - OMG.  This is bound to be a best-seller.  Phenomenal.

Pumpkin Perfect - Not so perfect to my nose - weak in my wax.

Pumpkin Cheesecake - Can't get HT even after wicking up the sample.

Bourbon Barrel - Disappointing.  Absolutely no HT.  Weak OOB

Frosted Carrot Cake - Just ok.  Not good enough to add to my repertoire.

Twisted Peppermint  - Fuel smell even after wicking down.  I don't think this FO likes my wax.

Candlewic:

First, let me say that maybe I'm doing too much testing or maybe too many tests of similar scents, but this grouping of CW oils were very non-descript and indistinct.  They all started smelling the same.

Merry Mint - This is a best-seller for CW, but to me it's nothing to write home about.

Pumpkin Pancake - Really nice but no comparison to FB's pumpkin pecan waffle.

Hot Buttered Rum - Also nice but I'm looking for something stronger.

Agave Nectar - Just ok.  Lots of citrus and floral top notes.

Black Tea, Orange & Almond - Gail C is going to find this hard to believe, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Butterscotch Pudding - Nice, but didn't blow the roof off.

Jack Frost - No CT and very little HT

Peppermint Cypress - Weak

Gingerbread Spice - Non-descript.  I swear, I smelled some Hot Buttered Rum.  Like I said, maybe my nose is worn out.

Coastal Kale - Nice, but weak

Snow Flake - No way close to the name.  This smells like my old boyfriend's house and he used those Glade Lavender oil plug-ins if that gives you any idea.

Vetyver - Weak and too flowery.  Also thought I smelled some Agave Nectar in this.

Onward and upward!

• Like 1

I think maybe you have a touch of candle nose going on there! 😉 Of course everyone's nose is different!

I don't have an oils from FB, but I have a few of the CW ones, and they are super strong in CBL 125. Now, I will agree that the Hot Buttered Rum could use a little pizazz, and the Snowflake does smell like air freshener to me as well, so I'm not saying they are the best smells ever, but strong? Oh my, yes! 😄

• Like 1

I know, Sarah and Belinda!  Now mind you, I'm very consistent with testing.  6%, same temp, same containers and CD14s.  First burn in a 400 square-foot room.  If I get HT, I move the sample to 800 Square feet.  If I can still smell it at the front of the house, it's a keeper.  Not very scientific but I do the same song and dance for every fragrance I test.  The only thing I can figure is that this latest shipment of wax seems to have more vybar than usual - I can see the ripples on top of the slabs.  And yet, why did I get such good results with Fragrance Buddy with the same wax shipment?  By no means am I giving up on CW.  I've got a bunch of Fillmore samples coming too so we'll see.  Thanks for the honest feedback.

• Like 1