black candle jar????

ok i just tested my new jars i got,here is the problem,i have black soot all around the top of my jar, where i got my 8oz mason jars,they told me theses wix will do good,51-32-18 prewax zinc wix,and the wax i am useing from them too , iga 4630,so is it my wix or my wax, wow i need help?lol loland also i want to use the hex jar 9 oz what wix should i use for that too.?? same wax iga4630???

That's why we test, test and test. Recommendations are just that, a recomendation. If there was an exact formula that always worked, anyone could make a good candle. You may try a different size and/or type of wick. One particular wick isn't going to work for them all, even if they jars look about the same size. Always remember, every wax, any additives, size or shape jar, FO, type of wick, and size of wick all have to be tested because even the slightest variation can change what works and what doesn't.

Ducky's right. A lot of people like 4630, but I didn't like it at all and am using J50. There is no way to get around testing. It has to be done since different things work for different people. So, try a another type of wick or try a different type of wax, it's up to you. :)

4630 has been notorious for smoking/sooting. I love the throw of this wax though and to me it seems to need smaller wicks that you would normally use in other wax applications. Try a smaller size, or try a different type of wick.

I am working my WAZOO off trying to make the 4630 work. It is just about the only wax in my area available to me for containers ( other than the supplier's blends).....I just hate the thought of paying shipping on wax and I can pick it up. It has a lot of nice features but you are right...its a smoker!

I am going through every wick I can get my hands on. The zinc does perform well.........except for that soot issue.:sad2: