labels or tags help?

rlfoods

i need help in decideing what to use mybey some of you guys can help me,this is what i got ,i am going to use 8oz sq mason jar,so do i use tags or labels i put labes on but it dont look that good becuse of the lettering on the jar that says mason,wow know if you guys pick tags i better start looking for someone that makes tags for a fair price lol lol thank you for your help in this one..

I you want to do tags, just use a business card template and fold the business card in half for the tag. Punch a hole and tie it on.

I don't like hangtags personally. They get messed up easily and are more of a pain to me than printing labels and sticking them on. I use a round label on the lid only and it works out great for my square masons. I have seen labels on the sides that look great, but I haven't had time to work on that. Right now, I just keep it simple with the lid label only.

I actually like tags better because I don't like company advertizing on things in my house; I prefer the cleaner look of just the candle.

As Angela suggested, I use a business card, but don't fold it: Company name , logo and contact info on the front, safety info on the back. I use small clear labels for the fragrance.

The disadvantage of tags, I think, is that if people take them off and pitch them, they no longer have your contact info. I've tried preventing that by using a pretty 1/8 inch satin ribbon to tie it with, but I have no idea what happens once they take it home.

If you put a label on the lid, they're likely to keep that. I've been considering switching to round labels on the bottom. My jars are flat on the bottom with the lids domed. I don't use Masons, but I think they may be too domed on the bottom, so the lid might be the best place.

N.

Guest EMercier

I've used tags, but am switching to labels on the jars. I've had the problem with people misplacing the tags and not having my info and then being overjoyed when I'm at another show they frequent and tell me that. When I did tags, I did them in Word. I got about 12 or so on a sheet. I put a table in Word. 3 colums and I think twelve rows and just increased the sizes to where I saw fit. It's good too, because say you want one that folds over, you don't have to worry about the lines coming out. I also cut my with scrapbooking scissors, gave it a personal touch.

I prefer to use hangtags on this size jar. I use a label with my 16 oz mason, but it just didn't look right on the smaller jar. I do agree that it is good to have information on the bottom. I put the warning label there with my information.

I use hangtags on my square masons. I have the heavy zinc lids and don't want to spoil the look with a label. I do have warning labels on the bottoms of my jars. I use the business card program in my print shop and make the tags from inexpensive white business card paper that I get at Wally World, I tye them on with a rafia.

I do hang tags on some of my candles but for the bottom I get the semi-custom round warning labels,,I get these from Peaks,,they will add you business name, telephone number, and city and state,,then all I do is write in the scent,,,love it,,,;)

Guest primhut

For the square mason if your buying the zinc or rusty lids I think the hang tags look best or the label on the bottom of the jar. I just switched to the rusty lid and I think the label on the top takes away from the look of the lid.