Please help!! NO hot throw :( Parrafin

Hello i'm so frustrated that I can't seem to get any hot throw in any of my candles!

I add 8% FO and do this by weight I'm currently using Chandler grey pro container wax from 4candles. (I've also tried Sasol 6213).

I made the last batch of candles Tuesday and burned them for the last 2 hours but no hot throw at all - the cold throw is really nice.

I made 3 different scents and none of them are throwing. my method is as followed:

Heat to 80c (double boiler method)

Take off heat and let cool to around 65-60c

Add FO and stir well

Pour straight away

I have tried adding the FO at around 80 (with the sasol) but still no hot throw however I haven't tried the higher heat yet with this Chandler grey.

Im happy enough with the melt pool (even though I do need to wick up next time as it isn't quite reaching the sides but still enough melted wax to be able to throw something)

I used the wickwell cotton core wicks 

Any advice is muchly appreciated

Thanks

Hi and welcome. Sorry about your throw issues. I’m not familiar with any of your ingredients.

If you have a wax melter like for the Scentsy type of wax, drop a blob on there and see if you can smell it. That will help narrow down the wick as the issue. 

The only thing I would offer is to try  heat the wax to 85c and add the FO at 85c and stir for two minutes. I had a similar problem once that I suspect was from not stirring enough, but 80c is below what I have been taught to use.

• Like 1

You may also want to give them a little longer to cure. I haven't used that specific wax but there are some waxes and some fragrances that need a longer time to cure in order to get a good hot throw. Sometimes coming back a week or two later and testing again can make a world of difference.

• Like 1