Rustic Look Help Needed

Flicker I swear that last one with the blue and orange looks like the ocean with the white frosting looking like sea foam! Its a stunning effect and wish I knew how to do that. If you ever feel like sharing I'd love to know. I love making ocean themed candles.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Candybee said:

Flicker I swear that last one with the blue and orange looks like the ocean with the white frosting looking like sea foam! Its a stunning effect and wish I knew how to do that. If you ever feel like sharing I'd love to know. I love making ocean themed candles.

What is funny is that it is an ocean themed candle! I actually have instructions specifically for this candle on the Bitter Creek Blog from a few years back! Let me see if I can find them for you. Otherwise, I am MORE than happy to share how! I LOVE doing pillars!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flicker said:

What is funny is that it is an ocean themed candle! I actually have instructions specifically for this candle on the Bitter Creek Blog from a few years back! Let me see if I can find them for you. Otherwise, I am MORE than happy to share how! I LOVE doing pillars!

It's seriously beautiful! I just love the ocean effects. I assume the orange color at the bottom represents beach sand?

20 hours ago, Candybee said:

It's seriously beautiful! I just love the ocean effects. I assume the orange color at the bottom represents beach sand?

Yes, in real life it is much more beige. :) The scent is Emerald Sea

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:00 PM, Flicker said:

Tons! Let me get to my personal computer tonight and upload some. But in the mean time, let me get the ones from BC's site I did for you! :)

IGI 1274 Mottle Pillar/Votive Blend

IGI 1343 Straight Paraffin Wax

IGI 1239 Straight Paraffin Wax

Those candles are a perfect example of the excitement you experience when you de-mold your creation.....there is no way that one will find a candle like this on the store shelf.........so whatever comes out of you mold, take pride in the fact that you have created a ''one of a kind'' candle .

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 8:21 AM, Pam W said:

Those candles are a perfect example of the excitement you experience when you de-mold your creation.....there is no way that one will find a candle like this on the store shelf.........so whatever comes out of you mold, take pride in the fact that you have created a ''one of a kind'' candle .

@Flickerthey look amazing! I am really inspired now to try something different. Living in Australia , I haven't been able to source mottling wax. I have a small feather palm wax and also ASW A27 , which is a palm, soy ,parrafin blend I think.  Would adding stearic to either , have a rustic effect? If so , how much do I add?  I also just saw chunk candles tonight ... WOW!!! Your photos are very inspirational

• 2 weeks later...