Question about double wicking

How do you decide between double wicking and using a larger wick?  Is there a generally accepted guideline on double wicks?  Are there benefits and detriments between single and double wicks?

I'm trying to wick the Large Salsa Jar from CS. (3.5" diameter, 4.5" height) Using IGI 4630 wax and going through the LX wick line at the moment.  Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

I prefer single wicks if at all possible, using doubles in only containers in excess of 3.5" or in a square container, which I try to stay away from.  I think possibly that with LX wicks, size 18 or 20 may be suitable for your wax and jar, but someone with more experience may be able to clarify that.  I mostly thought I'd try to answer your question about when a double wick may be preferred, just to offer an opinion.  When using two wicks, there is more labor involved, both in the making of the candle and the burn maintenance, so I like the lazy way whenever possible and try to find one wick that will do the job.

• Like 1

Is that a 16oz salsa jar?

1 Wick should do that jar.

But if you want to try and double wick that jar I would go with 2 cd 4's.....maybe 2 cd 5's would work.  Anything else is going to be too big.

Trappeur