My preferred waxes

Hello everyone!

I've been away from CS for quite sometime, I know.... have been busy with so many of the things that life throws my way!

Anyway, I am posting today because I have received quite a number pf private messages asking me about TCS wax for tarts.

I no longer use it because I believe the formula was changed and I was not happy with the results - at all :-(

I now use a combo of the 4786 and the wax from The Flaming candle.  The fragrance oils I currently use  - now that Peak's is limping along - come from The Flaming Candle, Aztec's, Cajun's Candle, WSP, and NG - in that order.

Very sad to read the news regarding the members we  have lost.  I've been wondering about others, like Comfortscents and Chandlerswick?  Hope they are doing fine, and hope you all are doing well.

If I do not pop in again before the holidays, I want to wish you all a fantastic Holiday Season!!  :-D   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing @Ravens!

I love to read about what other people are using, you never know when it will point you in the direction of something great. I'm a big fan of the TCS tart wax, but as @Belinda and I have been discussing, their website and shipping practices are odd and make ordering from them difficult. 

I use quite a few of Flamings fragrances, I've been looking at their waxes as an alternative to TCS. Are you using the Pro Blend 450? Is it in pellets like the TCS wax, or fine grains like the 133?

2 hours ago, Ravens said:

I use the Problend 650 (fine grains) and mix it with IGI 4786.

May I ask what the problem is with the TCS shipping and website?  Have not visited there in a long, long time.

Thank you! ;)

I'm sure it hasn't changed in a long, long time!

I think perhaps I'm just spoiled by all the sites with beautiful pictures, drop down selection menues, and costumer reviews. TCS has a very basic site that I find boring and cumbersome to navigate. The scent descriptions are terse or non-existent. They have little selection, and the shipping you have to add in yourself or wait for them to send you a separate shipping bill. Their shipping rates are on the high end as well.

That being said, I do love that wax, and the FOs I've tried from them are fantastic throwers.

Sarah S., sounds like TCS website has not changed after all  :-/  

I think the near non-existent fragrance description might be due to the fact that it is Loren (male) who writes the descriptions, and in my experience males just do not have the gift of writing "exciting" descriptions! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ravens said:

Hello everyone!

I've been away from CS for quite sometime, I know.... have been busy with so many of the things that life throws my way!

Anyway, I am posting today because I have received quite a number pf private messages asking me about TCS wax for tarts.

I no longer use it because I believe the formula was changed and I was not happy with the results - at all :-(

I now use a combo of the 4786 and the wax from The Flaming candle.  The fragrance oils I currently use  - now that Peak's is limping along - come from The Flaming Candle, Aztec's, Cajun's Candle, WSP, and NG - in that order.

Very sad to read the news regarding the members we  have lost.  I've been wondering about others, like Comfortscents and Chandlerswick?  Hope they are doing fine, and hope you all are doing well.

If I do not pop in again before the holidays, I want to wish you all a fantastic Holiday Season!!  :-D   

It's SO good to see you back on here! I've wondered how you've been. I'm glad all is going well with you!

I've been using TCS wax for clams and love the way it pops out so easily and to my nose it has great throw and doesn't seem to take on that funky plastic smell that you sometimes get with clams.

I've been experimenting with 4786 and love it so far. It'll even make shaped tarts with no smudges which I love. Ravens, do you mix the pro-blend and 4786 together for clams? I've got both here and thought about experimenting.

You're right about TCS website. BORING!!!! I do love their wax though but only for clams, not shapes.

Well, I'm glad to see you popped in and I hope you don't wait so long to do it again!

Merry Christmas to you too if we don't see you on here before then!

Belinda!!! Hello, girlfriend, good to "see" you too here!  ;-)

Yes, I take roughly 80% of the Pro-blend and the rest is the 4786. I heat them together to around 190 degrees, let them sit that way for several minutes.  Then I decrease the temp to around 170 and add the FO; leave it alone for a minute or two, then pour (I use a cookie sheet).

I no longer make clamshells; I prefer wax brittle, and I package the wax brittle in 1/2 lb. glassine-lined coffee bags (I get them from Uline or PaperMart).

It IS good to be posting again and "seeing" you all here.  Will try to post more often, though the shop is keeping me super busy! We're now decorating the shop window for the upcoming holidays, and I'm up to my elbows - so to speak - making whipped body butters, sugar scrubs, etc. etc...... hard work, but I love it :hello: