Creating a fall scent

Candybee

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

If you were to create your own fragrance that represents fall, what scents/notes would you blend together to make it?

Why are you asking us? I think you do a good job on your own. :)  I still use your 'recipe' of CS Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Pie, and Cinnamon.

I would love to be able to create a unique blend that didn't smell like anything else.

I did do one custom blend so far this season, but it was easy.  I got some Cranberry Orange Spice from Southwest Candle Supply because I was ordering jars there and the description was exactly like ICS's description of their Cranberry Orange Spice which I had run out of.

When I got the order, the Cranberry Orange Spice smelled so weak OOB. I had an old bottle of Cranberry Stronger from Nature's Cauldron I had bought from an individual.  It IS strong.  Also I think the Tangerine Dream from Tennessee is way strong.  So I blended the Cranberry Orange Spice from Southwest with those two FO's and added some Cinnamon.  

I found one melt I had left made with ICS Cranberry Orange Spice and I've been having people smell it and my blend....guess what?  So far everyone likes mine best!  But I think it needs more spice.

But to answer your question, I guess a fragrance that represents fall would have to have apples and spice...and maybe something nutty to make it a little unique.  That's not very original though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GailC said:

Why are you asking us? I think you do a good job on your own. :)  I still use your 'recipe' of CS Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Pie, and Cinnamon

Thanks. I still use that but just looking for new ideas.

Its hard to describe exactly what I was thinking of.... something along the lines of what fall air would smell like... or falling leaves... or what fruit, leaf, air combo would you put together to call 'fall'. Just looking for all sorts of ideas..

Maybe someone's idea or a combo of ideas will help me come up with something... or help someone else too! So keep your ideas coming.

For example, maybe the fruit/leaves/air combo might be:

Notes of:

patchouli, cedar, musk, wood smoke

pumpkin, apple, cranberry

cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg

vanilla, brown sugar

IDK... all that could be too heavy but I am thinking all the notes together that you think of when you think fall...

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1