Critique my candle, by Member brittbritt

IMG_1069.JPG

Total novice to candle making here. Always wanted to do it and finally got myself a kit. I am making candles as a hobby with intention to gift but would still love to give away something of quality. I know there is a lot of information available but nothing seemed directly applicable to my variables AND was understandable to a novice like myself. This is the second burn of the very first candle I poured, cured 24 hours, 100% Golden brands 464 using CDN8 wick in 8.5cm (3.3inch) diameter jar (used old candle jar). My fragrance load was roughly 8% - 26g FO in 325g soy flakes. I think the tunnelling (am I correctly identifying tunnelling?) I am seeing is probably due to me using wicks from the kit in a jar with a wider diameter to those provided in the kit. I am unsure why I am getting this beading condensation on top, this only occurs during the burn but not when it is sitting cold. I added fragrance at 80C (175F) and poured at 65C (150F). FO load was . I add a few scrapings of my dye chip to my unmelted soy flakes before I add to heat. Fragrance throw was shockingly good cold but totally average hot. I am also using a laser pointer type thermometer. Which is better, this or the mercury thermometer I received in my kit??

Any kind of advice to point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. What size wick would be more appropriate? Would you suggest a wick type better suited to GB 464? Did I add the dye at the wrong stage? Am i adding fragrance at the right temperatures/load? I followed the temperature steps recommended by the supplier I used. Would love to get some quality feedback rather than my guesswork research. Very excited to finally be a part of this thriving community and very eager to learn!!