Rustic Escentuals FO Issue

Nickie

Hey y'all!  Reaching out to get your opinion on a recent issue I had with 2 FOs from RE. About 6 months ago, I was testing wax  combos with the fragrances lavender vanilla and pink sugar. I came up with a wax combo that had a hot throw for around 24 straight hours with these fragrances. When I did the testing, I was using RE one oz sample bottles of these fragrances. Since they worked so well in my wax, I went back and bought larger bottles and tested it again recently in the same wax, but this time, I had zero hot throw. And I mean nothing!  

Since all all variables are the same except for it being the one oz.bottles vs. 4 oz. bottles, I can only come the the conclusion that it is the larger bottles of the same frangrace.

Is this company known for diluting their oils?  I always thought they were a quality brand, so I am utterly confused. What else could it be.....a different batch of wax?  A different batch of fragrance?  The latter doesn't make as much sense, as I was using a combo of 2 oils to get this throw, not just one. 

Help!  I'm just sick over this issue!  

I've never had a problem with Rustic Escentual oils differing from 1 ounce to larger bottles.  

What wax are you using?  Did you use the exact same box of wax for the test candle as this batch?  I ask because I recently had some problems and found others were also having problems with a particular lot of wax.

Goldie

5 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I've never had a problem with Rustic Escentual oils differing from 1 ounce to larger bottles.  

What wax are you using?  Did you use the exact same box of wax for the test candle as this batch?  I ask because I recently had some problems and found others were also having problems with a particular lot of wax.

Goldie

I forgot to mention these are wax melts. Sorry about that!  The wax I use is from flaming candle.....550 straight paraffin with no additives which is similar to 1343 and 400 a very soft container wax similar to 4627. As for the batch of wax used....the 550 was the same batch, but the 400 was a new batch. Thanks Goldie for you help!  

Thabks to all of you for your advise!  I really thought that RE had quality oils, so I can't figure out what is going on. 

Pleaee note, that I have tried these oils with other waxes as well, including 4630, 6006, 1343, flaming candle 450. Still nothing. It seems that the only answer here is it is the oils in this case?  Is there such thing as a bad batch of oils?  

22 minutes ago, Nickie said:

Thabks to all of you for your advise!  I really thought that RE had quality oils, so I can't figure out what is going on. 

Pleaee note, that I have tried these oils with other waxes as well, including 4630, 6006, 1343, flaming candle 450. Still nothing. It seems that the only answer here is it is the oils in this case?  Is there such thing as a bad batch of oils?  

It certainly wouldn't hurt to contact RE and see if they have had other complaints.  If it's a bad batch they will have many complaints.