Ack! CS Cotton Candy is Horrid! Run!

glasllyn

I don't see any recent posts in the scent review area, which is too bad because it would be great if we were alerting each other of the horrors of bad scents, and I felt like I had to save you all from a tragic mistake.

Here's my review: GROOOOOOOOSSSSS! THIS FO SMELLS LIKE FAKE-ITY FAKE FAKENESS! Cotton Candy? WHERE? Where is the cotton candy part of this cotton candy, Candlescience?  (It also did weird things to my soap bases, making them unusable, but I posted about that bit in the M&P section. It was paranormal.) I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the worst FO I've every worked with. So glad I only ordered an ounce. Hey, everyone! One ounce of Cotton Candy for sale! Free, actually! Nah, I wouldn't subject you to this.

Yuck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

Oh no!  Have you tried JS Cotton Candy stronger?  Not sure how it would do in soaps but it's delicious in wax.

This is on my list for my next JS order ! Mind telling what kind of wax you use ? I'm assuming that it has good throw and smells pretty spot on ? 

I'm loving their Blue Cotton Candy lately, want to add a regular :)

On 3/29/2017 at 3:14 PM, glasllyn said:

I don't see any recent posts in the scent review area, which is too bad because it would be great if we were alerting each other of the horrors of bad scents, and I felt like I had to save you all from a tragic mistake.

Here's my review: GROOOOOOOOSSSSS! THIS FO SMELLS LIKE FAKE-ITY FAKE FAKENESS! Cotton Candy? WHERE? Where is the cotton candy part of this cotton candy, Candlescience?  (It also did weird things to my soap bases, making them unusable, but I posted about that bit in the M&P section. It was paranormal.) I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the worst FO I've every worked with. So glad I only ordered an ounce. Hey, everyone! One ounce of Cotton Candy for sale! Free, actually! Nah, I wouldn't subject you to this.

Yuck.

Yikes that sounds awful !! Thank you for letting us know cause I always look for a good cotton candy, nice to avoid a bad one !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

This is on my list for my next JS order ! Mind telling what kind of wax you use ? I'm assuming that it has good throw and smells pretty spot on ? 

I'm loving their Blue Cotton Candy lately, want to add a regular :)

I use a parasoy mix.  The throw is great and it smells delicious.  I can send you a sample, if you'd like.  I love it.  They also have a good cotton candy frosting too.  I want to try their blue cotton candy as I've heard great things about it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

I use a parasoy mix.  The throw is great and it smells delicious.  I can send you a sample, if you'd like.  I love it.  They also have a good cotton candy frosting too.  I want to try their blue cotton candy as I've heard great things about it.

Awesome I just started with parasoy yesterday so good to know !! And thank you so much for the offer ! But I'm already ordering this week so I'll just order one in that order :) 

Yes the blue cotton candy is great ! I've only used it in soy melts so far but I love it and the throw is good even in soy :)

I have their Cherry Slushie which is a bodacious buy category oil and you wouldn't know it ! It is so spot on and omg the throw is knock your socks off, even in soy !

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

I like Nature's Garden, Just Scent's, Maple Street, and Rustic Escentuals. All perform just wonderfully.

Thank you! I need to place orders with WSP and Flaming, so naturally these are from neither :P

Edited by glasllyn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

I like Nature's Garden, Just Scent's, Maple Street, and Rustic Escentuals. All perform just wonderfully.

Have you tried the one from WSP by chance ? They have a few different ones I think ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glasllyn said:

I don't think they sell wax. Am I cuckoo? 

You are but thats besides the point LMAO !!!! I think I quoted the wrong person . I was asking about the Cotton Candy FO from WSP . 

I dont believe they do sell candle wax - wish they did though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

You are but thats besides the point LMAO !!!! I think I quoted the wrong person . I was asking about the Cotton Candy FO from WSP . 

You & me both, since they offer free shipping $40+ ??

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

You know me already. I have not tried WSP's cotton candy.I did get one from Maple Sreet. I made a melt but haven't melted it yet. Cold, it's not cotton candy, per se, but it's wayyy better than the other one. Maple St. had some nice ones...but that's another post.