Help with Candles

Please help I made two sets of candles and none of them are throwing any scent.  I used soy wax from Hobby Lobby and fragrance from  Bulk Apothecary ... Please help I am heating wax to 185 and adding fragrance at 150 and then pouring.... I need help I am trying not to give up.... Maybe I am burning candles too soon... I don't know

Edited by deltagirl

11 minutes ago, deltagirl said:

lol I am sooooo knew at this I did not know that so the longer I wait the better...Any suggestions on fragrance amounts... I ordered this weekend from fragrance buddy

We've all been there ! lol I lit mine right away at first also :) It doesn't help that I am impatient by nature. 

As far as the amount, it depends on the maximum level recommended for your particular wax. The general rule is 1 oz per lb of wax.

I agree with everyone is saying.

1.  Need to add your oil about 175 and stir and stir couple minutes till the oil is completely blended with your wax.

HOW MUCH OIL ARE YOU ADDING IN YOUR WAX???

2.  I would think they need to cure as everyone is saying.  With my wax 464 I wait 2 weeks....WHAT WAX ARE YOU USING?

3.  Is your wax a paraffin or soy?

4.  Just curious....what brand and size wicks are you using and what style and size jars?

Trappeur

• Like 1