Soap names -

Jcandleattic

So as most of you know, I name my soaps. Sometimes giving them clever (or IMO clever) names, and sometimes naming them after the scent. Most of the time though (like 85-90 percent of the time) i used a mix of 2 or more scents, hence the not naming them the name of the scent. 

I am really stuggling with this scent combo I came up with last week though. (haven't made the soap, just the scent mix) It's a mix of Strawberry, Spanish Fly, and a pinch of vanilla. I have no clue what to name it. It's fruity, fresh and nice. That's about all I have. 

Any help? 

Also, are you a creative namer of soaps? Or do you just name after the scent? Or do you do a combination of naming like I do? 

I find it interesting in the creative process of what others do... 

Just now, Candybee said:

What does spanish fly smell like? never heard of it. Well,not as a FO that is!

Me either! And I have yet to find a good strawberry for soap. Mostly just name the soap after the fragrance. I have changed a few but not many. 

• Like 1

I'm calling this mix Spring Fling. It's fresh fruity, and nice and clean smelling. Reminds me of spring without the floral scent... 

The best I could come up with for Spanish Fly by sniffing it OOB was a fruity scent with slight earthy and musky tones. LOL It is/was a Mad Oils scent. I just went and looked it up and this is the description: 

This is a rich, complex scent of light musk (a little bit!) and citruses of fresh sweet orange, lemon balm and kaffir lime leaves. Green notes are muddled brightly and have a floral  and vanilla cream depth in the soul of the fragrance.  The scent isn't overwhelming or too soft.  It has some earthy notes which grounds the whole scent cohesively.  This is a unique blend and will be loved by either sex.

I was close I guess. :) I ended up not putting additional vanilla in it, (even though I can't smell any vanilla at all anyway) but mixed it with Strawberry from Peak. I've used this Strawberry on it's own and it morphs to a plastic type scent, however, when I use it in a mix it ends up mellowing out and I get the true strawberry scent to come through. A lot of times I will mix it with Love Spell, and it ends up amazing... 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I had to laugh at "muddled brightly"

I think you name fits perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. You scent combos sound really delish too!

I just unmolded the soap and it smells sooooooo good. And it looks very interesting. :) It's still a bit soft so will wait a couple hours to cut, but I think I'm gonna love it. 

• Like 1

So... For moi <---------That's me, BTW... I'm all into the "clever" naming conventions... Personally I tend to go with the double entendre whenever possible. One of my naming conventions currently is  Female name + possessive attribute, i.e.: Pumpkin's pie. Or Candy's sucker surprise... Holly's Snickers... Fia's Dream. I personally strive for the names that will come across as sweet, but give you pause later... }:) I think it's the Irish in me, what with my background in Traditional Irish music and all, olde favourites like "Fanny Power" and "The Perfect Wife" (An Phis Fliuch) ;)  

^ These pipes are a very good example of ONE reason I lost my damned mind. (Just for you Jane;) )  

And then there's the Oatmeal Honey and Goat's milk soap that I named: "Honey, Oatmeal, and Goat's Milk Soap". 

Spring Fling? Spring's Fling? <---- Yep! I'm LOVE'N it! 

Slainte! 

Sponiebr