Soap dough vs Soapy clay

CBeardly

I love Bee Sorcery's stuff, but IMO (at least for me) trying to carve and mold soap in the soap dough looks like sooooo much work, that for me, it simply just would not be worth it. I would probably have to sell my soaps for $10-$12 a bar with all that extra time and effort (my time isn't cheap) and I just don't see anyone paying that much for a bar of soap. But that's just my opinion... There are several people on Bee's facebook page that do amazing work though... Maybe ask there? You might get a better answer than I can give you here. 

• Like 2

I do agree that looks like an awful lot of work. I'm curious to learn how to make things for special occasions or special gifts... maybe. I'm far too lazy to imagine doing all that detail work for an entire loaf.

It looks pretty and pretty interesting to try to attempt. I bet it could be fun to play around with. The soap dough might be fun for kids too... something to think about.

But like others I know I would never find the time. I am still trying to get all the things on my learning how to do list done. It keeps getting longer and longer.

• Like 1