Quality fragrance oils

Alissa

Hello friends,

I love the fragrances from the Flaming Candle Company, but there are some scents they don't carry and I'm having a hard time finding another shop with different scents that has the same high quality. Where do you all buy your fragrances? Which shops do you trust online? I'd appreciate your opinions very much. 

Thanks!

Hi Alissa, welcome to the board. I too like Flaming Candle. :)

Here is a thread on favorite suppliers started a few years ago that periodically is updated. You might enjoy reading it. After reading it myself, I've come to the conclusion that there are a good number of trusted suppliers, and people here do use many of them. To a degree, I think it depends on which specific scents you are looking for.

Also, after you narrow the field and you are thinking of ordering from someone, the search function here is pretty good. And you can also start a thread asking for opinions on the supplier you are thinking of using.

Edited by Incendia
  • Like 1

I like some Natures Garden scents I tried, most Flaming Candle, most Candle Science, most Candle Cocoon and almost everything I've tried from Sweet Cakes (which is only about 10-12 so far). Sweet Cakes fragrances are the most complex I've smelled and the price is high, but you use less per lb of wax and still get good throw. (I've only tested a majority of my fragrances on wax melts, though). 

• Like 1

My favorites so far are Wholesale Supplies Plus and Candle Cocoon. The Candle Source is another one that I have had a lot of luck with, and they have great prices. I just ordered a couple of scents from Just Scent and they are very true and strong ! So I will be ordering there more in the near future :)

• Like 1

It's random Alissa. I think people try new suppliers, because you just never know, but there's also the chance that you just don't know how long they'll stay in business. 

The plight of the candlemaker and soapmakers etc. is to find the strongest most accurate scent. The fault is that the best to one isn't necessarily to another. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. 

I think if you look at the suppliers that there's a starting list. Unfortunately it needs to be cleaned up some to remove those out of business and put on ones who are in business. 

I know that doesn't help and wish I could help you out more. 

• Like 1

I've liked everything from Flaming Candle. I have about 20 or so. I like a lot of FOs from BA and BB.

I had good and bad experiences with Nature's Garden. Some of them were potent and accurate, (coffee, chocolate, and leather, for example, and their Creed Irish and English Ivy are fresh and strong. Honey Bunny is nice, too. ) BUT, some were just crap. NG Tobacco Caramel? I seriously don't understand what is going on in that bottle. I was so excited about their Money scent. It smelled exactly like new money...until it didn't anymore. It now smells like...something. A thing that is not money. Then the cinnamon. Where is it? I can't smell it. Did they forget to put in the cinnamon part? Now, I understand that sometimes scents bloom once in wax or soap, but I've tried other brands of the same scents and they're delightful.

Is this TMI?

• Like 1

Just now, glasllyn said:

I've liked everything from Flaming Candle. I have about 20 or so. I like a lot of FOs from BA and BB.

I had good and bad experiences with Nature's Garden. Some of them were potent and accurate, (coffee, chocolate, and leather, for example, and their Creed Irish and English Ivy are fresh and strong. Honey Bunny is nice, too. ) BUT, some were just crap. NG Tobacco Caramel? I seriously don't understand what is going on in that bottle. I was so excited about their Money scent. It smelled exactly like new money...until it didn't anymore. It now smells like...something. A thing that is not money. Then the cinnamon. Where is it? I can't smell it. Did they forget to put in the cinnamon part? Now, I understand that sometimes scents bloom once in wax or soap, but I've tried other brands of the same scents and they're delightful.

Is this TMI?

That's awesome information, thank you! I got educated and I got a laugh!

• Like 1

Thank you guys so much! I know scents can be subjective but I just wanted some suggestions on places that carry strong, quality fragrances. I thought asking those with experience would be a really good thing to do. I appreciate the link to the thread with the survey of everyone's favorite shops for fragrances. I noticed some that came up repeatedly so I'll look into those. Thanks again, you guys are awesome! ?

• Like 2

As another little tidbit: I ordered what SOS considers the equivalent scent to Moroccanoil, a scent I am going to duplicate if it kills me. 

Resultant reaction to said order: You have to be kidding me.  (I deserve a gold star for not using an expletive in there.)

• Like 1