Anyone using chemical aromas (e.g.Creating Perfume,/Perf Apprentice)?

glasllyn

No one around here that I know of. We're curious about what's in the FOs but I don't know that anyone has gotten too interested to try to find out or pursued actually trying to make a FO with experimental  material. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

I bought a number of aromachemicals and accords from creatingperfume.com with the intention of trying them in soap and candles. They did not seem strong enough in the vials to use as a replacement, and some I know won't hold up to the high pH of soap. I am also concerned since I don't remember being able to find an IFRA for any, which would guide about usage rates. 

My initial thought after receiving them was they could be super expensive to use, with one exception: ultrazur, a drop in a lb makes a big difference.

• Like 1

I've been corresponding with someone at Perfumer's Apprentice and discussed some scents I was trying to create. Here are his suggestions:

"I LOVE our Pink Peppercorn, and would highly recommend it.
Our 'Dirt' fragrance oil may fit the bill for your soil/fresh earth. If you want to try a non-fragrance oil earthy fragrance, I recommend 'Terrasol.'
Musk (Animalic) - Tonquitone definitely.
Deep, Genuine Woody = Bois Des Landes (in our Natural > Robertet or Bases & Blends section). 
Leather - Cuir Vitessence (Bases & Blends) Not a fragrance oil. We also have a Leather fragrance oil that you could try." 

I am going to order sample sizes of each of these. I would love to discuss this further. I'll certainly share my experiences if anyone's interested.
Edited by glasllyn
Forgot to add something
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Faerywren said:

I adore perfumes and collect them. After researching aroma chemicals, I decided to leave it to the professionals. I'll stick with my roll ons and sprays made with FOs and/or EOs!

That's exciting! I would love to hear about your favorite creations!