Mushrooming

8 minutes ago, infertilemyrtle said:

No about 5 hours each time and I trim before each burn (trimming for me means pinching/breaking off the the top of the wick with my fingers) @kandlekrazy

Im having this same issue. Im going bonkers trying to figure out the problem. I ordered a few sizes of every wick type available and still have similar looking wicks as your photos above. Ive dropped the fragrance load down to 7% and still the same as when it was 10%. The top half of the candle burns perfectly, once I reach the midway point forget it. I have to trim once every 30 minute and I know that shouldnt be the case. Very frustrating to say the least

• Like 1

My scent load is at 6% in c-3 soy wax with eco wicks. I actually don't mind the mushrooming in itself (the candles still burn evenly, have a great melt pool, etc) I just worry that it means something is bad based on reading through threads? is it safe to sell candles like this? It actually illuminates the jar and looks lovely IMO