Sooting and bad mushrooming last 1/3 of candle

As the title says. The top 2/3 of the jar my wick behaves nicely and minimal soot. Once I get down to the last 1/3 I basically have to trim the wick every 30 minutes or it starts to get carbon buildups and the flame dies down. This is also where the soot kicks into overdrive and starts getting noticable.

The jar is 3.5 in tall with an opening about 3 in. Im using 4627 at 10% with a premier 790 or 799. Both acted the same and the 799 is as big as the premier line goes. I ordered the largest wick of all the top named wicks and will compare to see if they all behave the same. 

Any thoughts? Ive considered dropping the frag load to 8% but feel as if 4627 should be able to handle a 10% load. Ive also thought of cutting in some 464 at 25%. So 4627 @ 75% and the remaing 25% add in 464. Would adding this soy at least help with soot? I know it wouldnt eliminate it completly as all parafins tend to soot a bit more...

Halp lol

I've not used those wicks but what is the widest diameter of the jar? How long are you allowing the candle to burn each burn cycle?
I never use more than an oz per lb (6%) and my candles have phenomenal throw. You are at the max end for FO load really and that will absolutely contribute to a sooty candle. I won't use scents that I have to use that much of.

Flicker as stated above the jar is 3.5" tall and 3" wide. Do you use 4627? 6% may work and be fine for whichever wax you use but 4627 has a max load of 11-12% depending on which supplier you are getting your information from. Now, i figured I would go down to 10% seeing how thats not the max and I love the HT/CT at that %. I am willing to go down to 8% but at that loint I might as well move on to a less messy, cumbersome wax. I will try a tester at 8% tonight and burn. 

In regards to how long I burn..I always burn at minimum 3-4 hours. Then power burn a bit, then back to 3-4 hours. Being as soft as this wax is tunneling is never an issue.

Flicker, if you use 4627 may I ask what wicks you use and if so what would you suggest for a 3" diameter jar in those wicks? TIA

Edited by Clear Black
Dunno

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Is this the status jar?

Trappeur

Hey Trap! No, I decided not to follow through with that jar. They are very heavy weight glass and shipping was just not justified enough to do further testing. I have since moved on to what I want to be the last container I test. I have grown rather attached to how my final design looks when they are labeled and packaged, I just need to gdt the wick and fragrance load to where I get less soot and mushroom at the bottom 1/3 of the container. The container in question is a 1 pint (16oz) paint can. There are a few sellers on the market who use these and I myself fell in love with it so its what I am using for now. Here is the container: http://www.thecarycompany.com/metal-paint-can-30ws8u

In hand it measures about 3.5" tall with just about a 2.75" opening and a total diameter of 3". So I am testing for a 3" opening but the 1/4" lip that the lid sits on doesnt really factor in. I fill to that line and it takes 13oz of wax.

On a side note Trap, you still planning on moving here? :)