Getting wax in large melters

Does anyone have a better way to take wax from the 50lbs box it comes in and put it in the melter? We use a Coogar pumper that holds 160lbs and it's rather tedious and time consuming to scoop it out one scoop at a time. It's also too have to dump it in any kind of controlled way.

Thank you,

Adam

• Like 1

I'm guessing you mean soy flakes since you are scooping? That or palm? It might be worth the upfront time investment to cobble together a chute flume. A local sheet metal shop could easily fabricate a box that fits to the end of the standard wax box then tapers to the diameter of the flume.  Around here that might run $70. The flume could be a 6"-8" section of PVC cut in half? The sheet metal shop could also roll the edges of the metal, I wouldn't want to work with it otherwise, raw edges are basically razor blades. ? Just a thought, hth.

• Like 1

Ok I realize this is super technical and difficult ;), but....I use a large Tupperware type container to scoop out my granulated pillar wax from the 50lb box. I only make a relatively small amount at a time, but the containers come in all sizes and are inexpensive and easy to find.