PF candles Amber moss

mulberrysoap

Hi, I just wanted to know if this scent is exclusive to this candle company? I purchased some of their candles and cold sniff they are fab but once burning the scent is fairly mild, will try again with them though.

does anyone know if other fragrance companies sell the oil? i bought also teakwood and tobacco which is again a lovely scent.

PF candles ???  If thats the candle CO out of CA, Ive ordered off Etsy. I got the Sweet grapefruit one OMG is was amazing + strong.

From their description sounds like grapefruit + mangosteen + Im sure they add a little twist to it. I love their candles.

To answer your question, I don't believe that name is exclusive to them UNLESS they've trademarked it ???? 

Im sure someone on here can better answer your question though. 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

Thanks Moonstar! Great to hear the other scents are stronger! Sweet Grapefruit sounds delicious! I just meant is the scent exclusive to them, so does peaks, candle science etc have their scents?

They are really popular in the UK, so wanted to check them out!lol

I'm familiar with PF Candles, but not their Amber Moss scent...however, I saw the same question on another candle making forum awhile back, and someone replied that they swore Candlescience's Oakmoss and Amber oil was a perfect match. I have used that oil before, and found it to be very strong in 464 soy wax...

Their Sweet Grapefruit scent is really lovely! I've made candles using CS Grapefruit and Mangosteen oil, but there's something different about PF's version. I agree that they've probably got a bit of blending going on...and they hit the mark with that one!

While we're on the subject of PF Candles...I'm dying to know where they source the 14 oz. jars from that they use for their double-wicked candles. I would love them in clear glass.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 9.39.39 AM.png

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback Olives!! Regarding the jars, I think they get them custom from a company called container depot based in the US. They do glass bottles but also most probably their jars. Worth asking them. If it is them, please let me know :-)

also so after more digging, some of their fragrances are made directly from the fragrance houses.

i like the fact that they use fragrance oils and don't hide that fact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mulberrysoap said:

Thanks for your feedback Olives!! Regarding the jars, I think they get them custom from a company called container depot based in the US. They do glass bottles but also most probably their jars. Worth asking them. If it is them, please let me know :-)

also so after more digging, some of their fragrances are made directly from the fragrance houses.

i like the fact that they use fragrance oils and don't hide that fact.

Not sure why they'd hide that, theres lots of excellent quality Fo's out there. Ive yet to have EO work in candles, they just don't work. I just love the company 

they basically ship the same day - great quality for the money + the owners are so nice :) Bonus ! BTW what do you mean by "doing some 

digging " 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

Well, I'm ashamed to say I never heard of them!  I've been looking for a soy candle supplier in CA that I can carry in my store so I filled out their wholesale form.  Hoping I hear soon as I'm taking a trip South and will be passing right by them and could pick up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Not sure why they'd hide that, theres lots of excellent quality Fo's out there. Ive yet to have EO work in candles, they just don't work. I just love the company 

they basically ship the same day - great quality for the money + the owners are so nice :) Bonus ! BTW what do you mean by "doing some 

digging " 

Digging, I mean googling, they mentioned that they use fragrance houses to produce their fragrances.

when I say that they do not hide the fact that they use fragrance oils - well around 70% of companies that make candles especially if they are using soy wax, they say that they scent their candles using essential oils. This is just based on what I have researched so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mulberrysoap said:

Digging, I mean googling, they mentioned that they use fragrance houses to produce their fragrances.

when I say that they do not hide the fact that they use fragrance oils - well around 70% of companies that make candles especially if they are using soy wax, they say that they scent their candles using essential oils. This is just based on what I have researched so far.

LOL ! Candle Science Fo's are infused with essential oils , not all of them but many. Thanks for making me chuckle, I really needed that tonight :) 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 3:17 PM, mulberrysoap said:

I think they state that because of where they are located.  Here is CA a couple of chandlers got in big trouble with the "all natural" approach and now most insurance wants it stated that it's EO or FO.  I know my insurance requested it and when I asked why, that's what they told me.  Nobody should hide that fact anyway.

I did place an order and wasn't able to pick it up as I left for home on a Saturday but shipping was very cheap to me.  So far I've only burned Golden Coast and it's strong.  Most of the scents are on the manly side to me but I do like most of the 6 I bought all in the 7.2 oz jars.   I'm only sad that they don't have a few that are best sellers like Lavender, Patch and a lemon scent.  I guess they had Lavender last summer so we'll see if it comes back.  I'm pleased to say it's the first company that the wicks were all centered and the wax looked smooth on top.  Yes I opened every one before I put on my display!

• Like 2