if they need to cure how are you shipping them out so fast?

So I mostly have my hand in wax melts but have would like to find a good soy to work with for candles. MY question is this. So I have heard from so many people to let soy candles cure for a couple weeks before selling them. I have seen recently on instagram some candle companies that post I have this many to make and i'm shipping as fast as I can , They say they are 100% soy . So if you are supposed to let it cure then how are you making and shipping in the same week?

• Like 2

Im sure that they make x amount ahead of time and as those sell they make more. Plus some scents don't need 2 weeks IMO - just depends. I think 415 doesn't 

need as long as a cure time as 464 wax. Thats what I remember one of the posters on here (Moonshine) saying, she uses 415 soy. But I can't say for certain. 

• Like 4

Online wax community buyers are super savvy. They like Pour Date on products or will write them on once received. Some cure all wax not matter the type, some have a standard 30 day self-imposed rule and they know the difference in waxes. Soy they will cure a month or more. So, they take fresh product and wait.

If I were selling at a fair or market, I would only take cured product. 

• Like 2

Some soy doesn't take 2 weeks to cure.  If you state a 3 day ship time and it takes 3 days or more to get to the destination you're almost at my cure time.  I was never one to make them fresh on order.  I always had stock when I had my website up.  In the store, I always cure a week before putting anything in,  I also put new melts in the back of the peg so they get taken last and I only keep out 2 candles of each scent and replenish when sold.  Same for fairs, I'd only take products that had cured.  Leaving it up to the customer, just leaves room for disappointment if they burn it too soon.

• Like 3

There could be many reasons, or maybe they just don't think it needs cured, IDK. One thing I've learned in this business, is unless someone is doing something dangerous, it's not my business how others run theirs. As long as I know I'm doing the best for my business, and the best of my ability to follow my protocals, and GMP's, and laws, then I have the philosophy of let others be. If they have an inferior product, they won't be in business long, so there's that... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hurricanecreek15 said:

I have been playing with 464 which I think needs a cure time for sure. Thanks for all the input and please don't think I'm trying to step on anyones toes. Just curious!

I didn't take it that way... It's good to be curious. 

With all the facebook groups, and forums I'm on, if I was worried about what other people did in their business' I would drive myself crazy because of all the erroneous information, etc., 

• Like 4

Yes! The "Candle Making" and "Candle Makers" Groups on Facebook are UNBELIEVABLE! LOTS of very bad and dangerous information!

There is a hidden gem of a very large, very savvy wax BUYING community which is actually filled with people much more savvy than a lot of people in those FB Makers groups-HAHA! 

They ask vendors like me, who sell to them about our waxes, type of scent safe packages we use and MORE! They have cabinets and rooms full of wax which is categorized, inventoried and swapped. It is a fascinating world!

• Like 5

On 11/29/2016 at 10:27 AM, justajesuschick said:

Yes! The "Candle Making" and "Candle Makers" Groups on Facebook are UNBELIEVABLE! LOTS of very bad and dangerous information!

There is a hidden gem of a very large, very savvy wax BUYING community which is actually filled with people much more savvy than a lot of people in those FB Makers groups-HAHA! 

They ask vendors like me, who sell to them about our waxes, type of scent safe packages we use and MORE! They have cabinets and rooms full of wax which is categorized, inventoried and swapped. It is a fascinating world!

Mind sharing? HA!

And like everyone else said... I make weekly batches (candles and melts) and have batch numbers on each one so I can know when they were poured and long long they been curing. As I run low I make another batch but of course I always sell the cured ones first. Works well for me. Plus making candler to order is not economical at all. And in my opinion, you dont get as good a quality of candle (cure time, etc). Not always, of course.

Also in my experience... people buying candles really are interested in the quality and that they are hand poured. I dont believe most care that it was made the day they ordered it. Especially any savvy candle customers. However... most DO NOT want to wait several weeks for their order to arrive. So I place fast shipping and devliery as a higher priority then making them to order (unless its a custom order of course). Ive never had a problem or negative feedback doing it this way.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2016 at 11:27 AM, justajesuschick said:

I don't get it - these people your referring to just buy wax to melt in warmers ??? Savvy in what way ? I guess I just don't get it. Sounds a bit odd to me lol ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

Mind sharing? HA!

And like everyone else said... I make weekly batches (candles and melts) and have batch numbers on each one so I can know when they were poured and long long they been curing. As I run low I make another batch but of course I always sell the cured ones first. Works well for me. Plus making candler to order is not economical at all. And in my opinion, you dont get as good a quality of candle (cure time, etc). Not always, of course.

Also in my experience... people buying candles really are interested in the quality and that they are hand poured. I dont believe most care that it was made the day they ordered it. Especially any savvy candle customers. However... most DO NOT want to wait several weeks for their order to arrive. So I place fast shipping and devliery as a higher priority then making them to order (unless its a custom order of course). Ive never had a problem or negative feedback doing it this way.

I agree - most people including myself don't want to wait 1+ week to light a candle.