New to the forum

Lora

Good Morning!  I am so glad I found this forum and that it is active!  I am just getting started making candles.  I made them as a kid in the garage and just fell in love with it.  Well that was many many moons ago and now the bug has bitten me again!   I saw that there was an FO review thread, is there one for wax?  I will be using paraffin and there is so much out there, I don't know what to get.  Would love to know from others what they've bought and like.  I look forward to interacting with everyone as I begin this journey!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lora said:

I saw that there was an FO review thread, is there one for wax?  I will be using paraffin and there is so much out there, I don't know what to get.  Would love to know from others what they've bought and like.  I look forward to interacting with everyone as I begin this journey!

Hi Lora (love the way your name is spelled, BYW!)   Welcome to the board!   

Welcome! 

Best advice is to read as much as you can in the Candlemaking section, and take some notes. It can be overwhelming, so beware of that... 

The wax you get will depend on what type of candles you want to make, container, pillar, votives, etc., Once we know that we can narrow down the type of wax we can recommend for you. 

This is a great place to learn and troubleshoot, and I'm glad you found us. 

14 hours ago, Lora said:

Good Morning!  I am so glad I found this forum and that it is active!  I am just getting started making candles.  I made them as a kid in the garage and just fell in love with it.  Well that was many many moons ago and now the bug has bitten me again!   I saw that there was an FO review thread, is there one for wax?  I will be using paraffin and there is so much out there, I don't know what to get.  Would love to know from others what they've bought and like.  I look forward to interacting with everyone as I begin this journey!

Hi Lora  :hello: and welcome to the board! Fellow paraffin user here. I love my 4786 container wax and 4625 pillar. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Welcome Lora! I make soap but I find it fascinating to read all of the candle makers posts in numbers and all of this talk about throwing stuff... it's just AWESOME!!! ;)  

There's a ton of really in depth info on these boards and a lot of sincerely helpful and talented people. Glad to have ya! 

Slainte,

Sponie the Executor of Bad Ideas

• Like 1

Thank you all for the great welcomes!  I can't tell you how excited I was to see that this board was actually ACTIVE!  LOL  I am enjoying reading through everything and have learned that I have a LOT to learn!  I've been taking notes like a madwoman!  Thanks again and I look forward to sharing my successes and failures  

• Like 2