Warning Labels

I know y'all are probably getting tired of my questions, but again I am totally new at all of this. If I ever get good enough to locally sale any of my candles, it seems that if I order warning labels, they will not fit smoothly on the bottom of mason jars because of some raised printing on the glass. If they fit on the bottom of the lids would it be ok to put them there? And do the plain jelly jars have this print on the bottom? Thanks, Pam

56 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I keep the label with the candle since lids can be removed and tossed out. The rough bottoms seem ok, just press them on as well as I can. :)

That's what l'll do then. Thank you so much! :)

That's what I do as well

I buy the large round warning labels rolls at CS for my jars and then permanent marker my batch number on the label in case something goes horribly wrong I can track everything used in that candle 

I use their square wax melt  ones for my clamshells and put them on the inside of the clam so you can't see it through my label but when they open it...it's right their to read 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, moonshine said:

That's what I do as well

I buy the large round warning labels rolls at CS for my jars and then permanent marker my batch number on the label in case something goes horribly wrong I can track everything used in that candle 

I use their square wax melt  ones for my clamshells and put them on the inside of the clam so you can't see it through my label but when they open it...it's right their to read 

Thank you bunches!! I'll look at theirs right now. I think I already have and liked theirs the best.

I put mine on the bottom also.  If there is some raised print, just smooth out as best as you can.  It will be just fine.  Another reason to not put on the inside of the lid is believe it or not people DO SNUFF OUT their candles with lids......

Trappeur

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I put mine on the bottom also.  If there is some raised print, just smooth out as best as you can.  It will be just fine.  Another reason to not put on the inside of the lid is believe it or not people DO SNUFF OUT their candles with lids......

Trappeur

Hahaha, yep, I have totally forgot that. I have witnessed a close friend do that many times. Smh

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

?? I'm guilty!

I do this a lot .... Easier finding the lid than something to dip the wick in the melt pool and I always lose snuffers amd I need to stop this because it makes a mess with the soot on the glass and causes more smoke ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moonshine said:

?? I'm guilty!

I do this a lot .... Easier finding the lid than something to dip the wick in the melt pool and I always lose snuffers amd I need to stop this because it makes a mess with the soot on the glass and causes more smoke ?

Lol, I'm more guilty of blowing the candle out.....all the time. Hahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Oh my gosh!!  I caught my daughter doing this...I had to have an intervention with her about proper candle care!!  If I want to know how customers abuse candles all I need to do is give one to my daughter.  She breaks all the "rules".

I bought these cool little bamboo sticks called cuticle sticks at Sally Beauty Supply and I use those to push the wick over, they have flat ends and are perfect for wick pushing, even in a deeper jar.   I've given them to her...I'm not sure if she is still using them or not. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chefmom said:

Oh my gosh!!  I caught my daughter doing this...I had to have an intervention with her about proper candle care!!  If I want to know how customers abuse candles all I need to do is give one to my daughter.  She breaks all the "rules".

I bought these cool little bamboo sticks called cuticle sticks at Sally Beauty Supply and I use those to push the wick over, they have flat ends and are perfect for wick pushing, even in a deeper jar.   I've given them to her...I'm not sure if she is still using them or not. 

I am ashamed to say this, but I never read the directions on candle jars and abused them in every single way until I developed an interest in making them. I never allowed a full melt pool and blamed tunneling on the manufacturer (didn't even know tunneling was the proper word for this). Never trimmed wicks or any other rules. I was horrible. I bet there's a pile of other candle users that do the same. When I start selling, I'm going to make sure to educate EVERYONE on the proper use of candles. I'm already educating family and friends. My mom and sister didn't know the "rules" either, and I'm ashamed to say, but we are fairly educated people, hell....I have a master's degree. lol And we all have always loved candles.

Edited by Pamaroma